Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » 16 pregnant sex for first time no protection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16 pregnant sex for first time no protection
spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

Icon 4 posted      Profile for spesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi ok so im 1 just this moment discovered im pregnant told no onw and im scared had sex for the first time a month and half ago what do i do ??? !!!!
Posts: 21 | From: wolverhampton | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you just took a pregnancy test and the result was positive?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes
Posts: 21 | From: wolverhampton | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

So - hard question - What do you want to do?

How are you set up in terms of emotional support? Do you have someone you feel safe talking to about this?

You should see a doctor, and talk about what your options are, and what resources are available. You're going to need to think about what to say to the people in your life. But once you tell, say, your parents or your boyfriend, they're going to have opinions (possibly strong ones) about what you should do. So it might help you if you considered those decisions before anyone started to try and persuade you one way or another.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not sure [Frown]
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
spesh: sorry I wasn't around to follow up with you after you last posted.

Do you want me to talk you through your options?

If so, you probably already know that they are:
terminating the pregnancy
staying pregnant with plans to be a parent
staying pregnant with plans to arrange an adoption

Do you have any questions about any of those options, or any strong feelings about any of them? Any sense of a preference for one -- or against one -- right at the gate?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

im agains abortion and adoption to be honest
Heather
Member # 3

Okay, starting from there then, do you feel like remaining pregnant and planning to parent is something you want to do and feel able to do at this point in time?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

spesh: I need to knock off for the day here, but if you want to have an in-depth talk about this and can let me know a couple times in the next few days when you can be around, I'm happy to make myself available.

If you want something to start looking at in the meantime, this is the options workbook most of us who do options counseling use: http://www.pregnancyoptions.info/pregnant.htm

As well, if you're thinking seriously about remaining pregnant, the very next thing you want to do is to get seen by a healthcare provider. They can verify the pregnancy for you, but also get you started on prenatal care (which, even if you change your mind, is wise just for your own health). If you need help knowing where to get that, you can post your zip code or use the email link below to send it, and I'd be happy to help you find something local.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

tbh dont feel like i can be a parent im a self harmer
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spesh,

Have you ever gotten any help (such as counseling or therapy) with the self-harming?

For sure, healthy and active parenting (and therefore: having a healthy kid) can be really, really difficult when you're dealing with issues like this one, and especially when you don't have healthy ways to cope with stress.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Certainly, like Alice said, self-harming could be a real issue both during a pregnancy and if you're parenting.

We can talk about getting evaluated with self-harm, and getting some help (which is a good idea regardless), and talk more about parenting as an option for you.

We could also talk about adoption, abortion or both if you like. Sometimes people can feel strongly against these other options when they're not pregnant and in the position where they need to make these choices, then find they feel differently when they are pregnant and are trying to find what seems like their best choice.

Just let me know, and we can talk about any or all of these things.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

spesh
Neophyte
Member # 61678

tar
Heather
Member # 3

spesh: I don't understand what your last post meant. Help me out?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Scozta
Neophyte
Member # 81091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scozta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spesh, good luck, no matter what decision you make, it'll be the right decision.

--------------------
"They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Posts: 8 | From: Montana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.