Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Whats Wrong With Me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats Wrong With Me?
VanityKrueger
Neophyte
Member # 71588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanityKrueger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bonjour! hello, i have a very unusual pregnancy question.

Ima virgin, my boyfriend and I dont really do anything hard core, but a few weeks ago, i gave him oral sex, he came, but no where near my "area". we humped a little bit, and i aware there was a little precum on his "area". but he had underpants, thick ones, on. he rarely touched himself and than touches me after.

My dilemma is that, my period was due around the 10th, as u can see, it's a wee late. However, i feel horrible, i have back and stomach cramps, im dizzy and i have felt like throwing up before. I severely doubt i can be pregnant, but am i mistaken? Why isnt my Aunt Flo here yet? Am i Broken?...

Posts: 7 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right: it does not sound like you have had a pregnancy risk.

Even a period that's usually regular can be a little late on occasion. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you, or that you are broken.

I suggest you just wait another couple of days and see if it shows. Or, if you're really worried, you can also take a pregnancy test right now to find out for sure.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't sound like a pregnancy risk to me either.

Back and stomach cramps, dizziness and nausea, while not necessarily related to pregnancy (especially in this case) aren't really a good situation. That doesn't mean you're broken, it may just mean that you have a touch of food poisoning. Particularly if the cramps are severe, you should check in with a doctor. You say you're in Brooklyn, and it's super hot and muggy on the East Coast right now - ERs are seeing a ton of heat-related problems, and those can certainly do a number on you.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanityKrueger
Neophyte
Member # 71588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanityKrueger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for the information!
My mother told me something about it being the weather thats affecting my period. It's weird i never experienced this with my period before.
Today I had a little spotting(that's steadily getting heavier).The really severe cramps have gone away but I'm still a little woozy. I believe this is a slow start to a period. Is everything going alright?
very unrelated question: I experience a lot of nausea and light headed-ness during the hotter months, is there anyway to lessen the nausea and make my period more normal during the summer?

Posts: 7 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On its own, the weather does not generally impact menstrual cycles.

If you're having light headedness and nausea regularly, you may want to go ahead and have the checked out by your health care provider. Other than that, I'd probably start by making sure that you are drinking enough water and eating on a consistent basis. Lots of water will help keep your body hydrated and making sure you do not get too hungry will make sure you're not lacking the calories your body needs to keep working properly. Are you getting enough rest as well? Also, what's your summer routine like? Are you in the heat a lot?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanityKrueger
Neophyte
Member # 71588

I admit i sleep less than i should. And im outside in the heat constantly (im a summer camp conselor.
Im starting to experience this month's period. It's more painful and uncomfortable than usual. My usual periods are a breeze, i barely notice them. Is that normal?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes for no obvious reason, we can have a cycle that's more crampy, or lighter/heavier, etc. If it turns out to be a once-off thing, then no worries, but if you notice that it happens again over the next few months, it wouldn't hurt to check in with a doctor.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.