Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Spermicidal condom broke but no ejaculation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spermicidal condom broke but no ejaculation?
dearcarlyxx
Neophyte
Member # 53751

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dearcarlyxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my boyfriend had sex twice on June 16th. The first time we used a spermicidal condom and he ejaculated we waited a bit and we had sex again with another spermicidal condom but it broke, and we stopped as soon as we noticed, but he didn't ejaculate before it had broken. What are the chances I could be pregnant? I'm really worried because my period isn't regular yet and it's normal for me to miss it. How long should I wait to take a test?
Posts: 5 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So without ejaculation, the chances of pregnancy aren't none, but they're much lower than if your partner had ejaculated. It's too late now for emergency contraception (the morning after pill) so all you can do is wait to take a test: for the most accurate result, you'll want to wait until it's been at least two weeks since your risk.

Did you want to talk about using condoms correctly to ensure they don't break? With proper use, it's actually very rare for condoms to break, and there are a couple things you can do to help ensure that doesn't happen - happy to go over that with you if you like.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dearcarlyxx
Neophyte
Member # 53751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dearcarlyxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, I can relax a little with you saying it's low.

I would like to go over that actually, because I never thought it'd break, I don't know what we did wrong. Any help would mean so much and make the next time a lot less scary.

Posts: 5 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article explains proper condom use in depth:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

And if you have any additional questions, just ask!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dearcarlyxx
Neophyte
Member # 53751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dearcarlyxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! That seemed to help! I think we need to use more lubrication and that's why it broke, even though the brand we used seemed to have quite a lot already on it, but I'll definitely try putting some inside and using extra.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.