Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Linea nigra?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Linea nigra?
LiLi123456789
Neophyte
Member # 69420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiLi123456789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just today i noticed a long dark brown line starting from my belly button going down to my bikini area. I researched it and its called linea nigra which is the dark line pregnant people get usually in their 2nd trimester. I asked my mom what she thought it was and she just said "that's what pregnant people get" does this actually mean I'm pregnant?! [Confused] i took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. The reason i took one was because lately I've been tired and more discharge has been coming out (more than normal.) and a long string of mucous also came out after i wiped just after i went pee. Can any one help? [Confused]

--------------------
~~LiLi~

Posts: 8 | From: MD | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiLi123456789
Neophyte
Member # 69420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiLi123456789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?

--------------------
~~LiLi~

Posts: 8 | From: MD | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Please be patient - we're volunteers here, and while we try to get to posts as quickly as possible, summer is a very busy time for us and two hours is not a long time to wait for a response.)

Things like more or less discharge, fatigue, or changes in skin coloration aren't reliable signs of pregnancy. The only reliable way of knowing if you're pregnant is to take a pregnancy test: you've taken one, and got a negative result, so as long as you followed the directions on the test and didn't test too early, there's no reason to think you're pregnant.

Did you have a possible pregnancy risk you're concerned about?

[ 06-24-2011, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiLi123456789
Neophyte
Member # 69420

lol yeah sorry I'm just freaking out. And what kind of pregnancy risks are you talking about?

--------------------
~~LiLi~

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything that could realistically pose a pregnancy risk. This article outlines what can and cannot create a pregnancy: Pregnancy Scared? Did any of those things happen that caused you to believe you might be pregnant?

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiLi123456789
Neophyte
Member # 69420

Well i had sex and I am on the pill but i missed three days about 2 months ago or so. My friend told me it takes 3 months for birth control to come out of your system but I'm not sure if i believe that or not. And like i said there is a strange vertical line running down from my belly button to my pubic bone it appeared just days ago.

--------------------
~~LiLi~

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can be very sure that if you were at the point of pregnancy where linea negra tends to occur, that that pregnancy test you took would not have been negative.

But if you are having sudden changes to your skin like this, and way more vaginal discharge than you're used to, it would be wise to just check in with your healthcare provider to find out what's up.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67930 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiLi123456789
Neophyte
Member # 69420

I know i thought so too. And yes i will get it checked on [Smile]

--------------------
~~LiLi~

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.