Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried
Silverlight
Neophyte
Member # 67953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take the pill back-to-back for 3 months at a time. The last time I had sex was the middle of last month, and we used a condom as well. However, for the past week, I have appeared bloated. It seems to get worse right after I've eaten. It goes down overnight, but not entirely. I'm worried that I might be pregnant, but could I just be bloated? How can I tell the difference? I won't find out until after 4/5 weeks, when I've finished my pill. It seems like a long time to wait.
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been taking the pills as directed and backing up with condoms, your pregnancy risk has been incredibly small.

It's much, much more likely that you're bloated for other reasons.

If you don't want to wait for your next withdrawal bleed, you can just go ahead and take a pregnancy test to know now.

And if the bloating doesn't go away in a few days, you might want to see a doctor about it just to be safe.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverlight
Neophyte
Member # 67953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't use condoms all the time, but I always take the pill as directed.

Thank you for your input. I really hope that it's just bloat. I might make a trip to see the doctor.

With thanks,
Silverlight

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.