Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Unwarranted Anxiety?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unwarranted Anxiety?
GraceD
Neophyte
Member # 65420

Icon 9 posted      Profile for GraceD         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I have pregnancy anxiety... Here's what happened:

My fiance and I last had intercourse in the beginning of February. I'm on the pill and we used a condom as backup (we didn't have any problems with it-no breaks or tears). The day before we were intimate, I took my pill 2 hours late (it was the first pill in a new pack).

I got my period that month and the next two months, but still worry. I've taken 4 pregnancy tests, all with negative results. I took at least one of the tests at least 7 weeks after we had intercourse, and still negative.

Now, four cycles later and my period is much lighter than usual. My other three were all normal (the last one was actually a little heavier).

My fiance thinks that stressing out about the whole situation is what is causing my irregularity this month, but I just can't get past the possibility...

Is there any chance that I could be pregnant???

I know that the reason I have anxiety about it is because my fiance and I will be living in separate states for the next year, and so we have stopped taking any risks until we will be together again.

Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have had four menstrual periods since your risk AND four negative pregnancy tests then, rest assured, you are very much not pregnant.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissMomo
Neophyte
Member # 65400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissMomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not pregnant and you really need to try and find a way to not be so anxious about it, as it's really going to impede on your sexual relationships, present and future. On top of that, it's probably doing nothing for your physical and mental well-being. Also, remember that you can take your pill WITHIN 12 hours of your regular time and it will work. After 12 hours, you have to use the 7 day back-up method (i.e. condoms).
Posts: 7 | From: Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW, my experience with the pill was that, over time, it made my periods lighter. For a few years on the pill, I didn't have periods at all. At this distance from the worrying event, you are most definitely not pregnant.
Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.