Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Abortion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abortion
lovinglife
Neophyte
Member # 43743

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lovinglife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey sometime last year i had an abortion by taking the cytotec pill. it was very painful for me but i decided to go through with it because i am attendting college. sometime last month i misssed my period and realised that i was pregnant again. i probobly waited bout 3 weeks afetr to take the cytotec pill. i took the pill but this time with another pill than the last time. this time my boyfriend went to the dr and i got amoxil 500 mg with them. i took the pills friday night. taking two in the vagina and one by mouth, repeating it 6 hours later. my period came rushing down the saturday but i had no cramps. sunday less blood came down and no cramps. now monday, tuesday and wednesday was just spotting. i am very scared cause i'm wondering if it didnt work or if it will start harder later on. which i dont want to happen cause i have an exam tomorrow. please let me know thanks.
Posts: 36 | From: N,Y | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When is your required follow-up visit with the provider of the pill scheduled for?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovinglife
Neophyte
Member # 43743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovinglife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriend didnt tell me about a follow up, he picked up the pills
Posts: 36 | From: N,Y | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A partner cannot legally get abortion pills for a woman secondhand in the US like that. You -- the person who would be using them -- have to go in and see a provider yourself, have a pregnancy verified, have a basic health check, etc. That also includes scheduling of a follow-up visit.

So, I'm pretty confused, and given all of this, am not sure you did in fact obtain the medications for medical abortion. Do you know the doctor he went to yourself? Did they communicate with you personally at all?

Regardless, in order to be safe, some aspects of medical abortion really need to involve a healthcare provider. So if you do NOT have a follow-up scheduled with someone, I strongly suggest you call a reproductive healthcare provider and schedule one for the next week, or when they suggest, okay?

[ 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Just in case, if you don't know who you can see about this, I'd suggest calling the NAF (National Abortion Federation) hotline.

They can refer you to someone quickly to clear all of this up and make sure you get the care you need with a medical abortion: 1-800-772-9100

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

lovinglife
Neophyte
Member # 43743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovinglife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was a pharmamsist that he went to all i want to know is if the pills worked or not. and why it wasn't so painful as the last time
Heather
Member # 3

Because I'm not even sure what you took was legitimate or complete, given it wasn't dispensed legitimately (or, from the sounds of it, legally), I just can't tell you that.

I couldn't anyway, honestly: that's part of what that follow-up visit is for, is to do an ultrasound to see if an abortion was successful, as well as to make sure your health is okay, that you didn't develop any infections or complications, etc.

So, please do make that call and find a qualified abortion provider to see ASAP, okay? That's who can answer this for you and also who you should see regardless.

Also, if this is the same partner you have been with for a while, who has in the past been deceptive with you and potentially abusive, I'd implore you that if you are not leaving this person, to at least never put your health in his hands like this again. (Including now: I'd not advise having him do anything around this -- I'd make your own appointment and go to a provider yourself.) When you get this issue resolved, if you want to talk about what's going on with this relationship, we're here.

[ 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

lovinglife
Neophyte
Member # 43743

NO Thats a different partner thanks though
Heather
Member # 3

Are you comfortable calling that number (they're excellent people, I assure you)? If not, if you don't mind sharing your zip code, I'd be happy to help you find a nearby provider to see.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Just checking to make sure you found the care you needed. Don't mean to nag, just concerned.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.