Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period?
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 2 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys. okay so in november my boyfriend(ex now)
we fooled around and he fingered me with precum. i know the risk is super low and if i was pregnant i would be like 23 weeks. i have gained a pound. but what concerns me is ever since this incident i have been tracking my periods like crazy. they last like 3 or 4 days and my cycle is from 25 to 28 days. so my last period was on march 27th through the 30th. it came a few days early. since november i have taken like 19 tests and they all have been negative. i am a worry wart i know lol. but now i think i am late for my period and so i am scared again. i am not over exercising or anything so idk why :/ please help!

Posts: 37 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With that many negative tests, and several periods, you can be sure you are definitely not pregnant. (And it doesn't sound like you had any significant risk in the first place.)

Too, it doesn't actually sound like your period is late by much, if at all - it's normal for cycles to vary in length by a few days, so what you're experiencing doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

Per your anxiety around all this, have you considered talking to someone in person about it?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks karybu!!! and okay. so how sure are you that i am not pregnant? this guy asked me out. and i dont wanna say yes to him then find out i am prego. :/
Posts: 37 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a pregnancy had begun in November, you would have missed periods and positive pregnancy tests by now. It would be highly, HIGHLY unlikely that you would be pregnant without those things happening. If you've taken 19 tests and are still concerned, it's time to see your health care provider about it.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okayy. so how safe am i?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.