Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Scared again, I wish I wasn't

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared again, I wish I wasn't
louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So back in February my boyfriend (now exboyfriend) and I fooled around. There was penetration with his fingers, and there is a possibility that was sperm on his hands.

Well, I am on the pill so I kept getting periods. But ever since then, I've been getting light brown spotting in between periods. I know that spotting doesn't necessarily mean "pregnancy", but I'm still fearful.

But I'm really afraid to take a home test, just because of the possibility of what it may say. [Frown]

I am VERY prone to pregnancy freakouts, but I just feel like something is wrong. I know I have an ovarian cyst, but I'm not sure if that can cause the spotting.

I guess I just want someone to talk to and to tell me what they think I should do next.

Thank you......

Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Louemma,

I would like to re-enforce that what happened was not a risk and the fact that you have had more than one period since then says that you are not pregnant. Have you talked with your Dr about the spotting? If not, I would suggest that you talk with them. While you are there, I would also suggest talking with them about your anxieties with pregnancy and ask for a pregnancy test to help with putting your mind at ease. By taking a test at your Drís office you get an emotionally reliable result and you wonít be alone when the results come in; in the very unlikely event that it might be positive.

I too know what it is like to have anxiety issues. Have you considered looking into getting counseling? I have benefited greatly from the counseling that I had; it really turned my life around. [Smile] I wonít lie, it wasnít easy but it was well worth it! Please give it some thought; your worth it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan,

Thanks. I am going to counseling weekly for this very reason. I seemed to be getting better until this setback.

I will call the doctor tomorrow and talk to a nurse at least about the spotting; they will definitely let me know if an appointment sounds necessary. I know I could get in with my gynecologist in a few weeks, or at a free health clinic probably sooner.

I'm just tired of feeling so scared over this..

Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad to hear that you are working on this! Hey, everyone has set backs now and then after all, we are human after all. [Wink] The key thing is to remember how far you have come. [Smile]

There isn't any need for anything urgent; calling your Dr's and talking with a nurse is the best idea.

I still suggest, just for your peace of mind, taking a test and put this one issue to rest. By no means am I trying push you, I am suggesting a straight forward approach.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

The pain and spotting has stopped, the nurse told me if it returns to call and make an appointment but that it shouldn't be a problem right now.

And I talked to my mom and my sister and both of them say that pregnancy would be the least of their worries at the moment. Next time I'm at the store I might grab a test to ease my mind, or stop by the free clinic to have one done for me.

Do you know a good website or someone to talk to about sex education? Because I know that sperm on someone's hand really isn't how people get pregnant, but I've never had someone really TELL me that before. I think that's why I'm so scared.

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Am I correct in thinking that you do not feel comfortable with talking with your mom about sex ed? Is there another trusted adult you know that you might ask? As far as websites go, have you looked over the articles that we have here as well as other peoplesí posts? Also you can feel free to ask us what ever you would like (within our guidelines of course [Wink] ). Are there any topics you have in mind at the moment? I would also like to recommend trying to get a copy of Heatherís book.

--------------------
Dan

louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

I feel comfortable talking to my mom about this sort of stuff, so I could call her up and ask.

But I guess I'm just wondering, WHY is it so unlikely to get pregnant from fingering when there very well may have been semen on the hand?

I know how it works, I just, never really LEARNED how it works. I feel so silly!

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louemma, have you seen this article yet? Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction That may help give you a better idea of how exactly pregnancy happens.

Also, I wanted to comment on something you said in your first post:
quote:
I am on the pill so I kept getting periods
I just wanted to make sure you know that, even if you are on the pill, you will miss your withdrawal bleed if you are pregnant. The pill does not continue to create bleeds throughout a pregnancy. Pill or not, a woman who is pregnant will stop having her periods/withdrawal bleeds. So, if you've been having your bleeds, you can be sure that you are not pregnant.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.