Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Early Signs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early Signs?
LifeEnColor
Activist
Member # 51950

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LifeEnColor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend recently found out that she's more than likely two months pregnant. I wouldn't have been able to tell if she hadn't told me. She doesn't any kind of baby bump.

I think I'm riding on her pregnancy and making it my scare, but...I'm scared. What are really early signs of pregnancy? I haven't had a period in two months, which is explainable by my Loestrin24Fe birth control, but still. Last month I didn't even really have any PMS...my breasts may've gotten larger, but there were no cramps or back pain like I'm used to.

I'm perfect with my birth control. Taken every day at the same exact time, within minutes. The latest I've ever taken it past my usual time of 12:20pm is an hour before or after. My boyfriend and I have sexual intercourse once or twice a day most days and don't use condoms.

Here are some things I've been going through lately:
-Random bouts of nausea, from mild to feeling as if I'll throw up (but I never do) this happens throughout the whole day, not just a morning thing (This could be my GERD, but it's not usually this bad).
-Random fevers. I thought this was just because of an upper respiratory infection, but the coughing has more or less gone away and I feel feverish once or twice a day, also ranging from mild to having the room spin
-Some stomach and back pain.
-Maybe some weight gain?? But I had spring break last week and my mom tried her best to fatten me up (I've always been under weight and living at college has just made me lose more)
-Random head aches

I know these can all be explained by other things, but, like I said, I'm riding off my friend's pregnancy and getting scared. She's getting disposable tests tomorrow with her ex and I asked her to pick one up for me too. But I'm scared of taking it. What are the chances it's positive? And I don't know what I'd tell my boyfriend...his last girlfriend was insane about pregnancy scares--bought tests behind his back after every time they had intercourse, going to Planned Parenthood to get Plan B behind his back. And she did this when they used birth control, condoms, and spermicidal lube. I don't want to turn into that. Help? [Frown]

Posts: 112 | From: Upperstate NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody has a baby bump at two months. That's way too early.

Before we talk about this, can you check in with two links which really should take care of this for you?

They are:
Pregnancy Scared?
Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.