Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoia
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 2 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, so I had what I believe now was a lighter period about a week ago. I has slight cramps and back aches when I usually get really bad ones. I have slowly been losing weight though and I realized I am underweight now since I have lost muscle. I am worried because I had sex with my boyfriend once about 2 to 2 and half weeks before my bleeding. We did use a condom though and it didnt break or fall off. Also, I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, one about 7 days ago and other 2 days ago and they both came back negative. I know I am probably paranoid but I'd like to hear it from you that I am safe. You would just help a lot of you did. Thanks so much!
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really do not see any plausible reason why you would be pregnant based on what you've posted here. First off, you've had a period, and that's a pretty sure sign you are not pregnant.
Also, on top of the fact that you didn't experience condom failure, you have had negative pregnancy tests.

I would encourage you to relax and trust the tests.

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, thank you. i was just nervous because of implataion bleeding which i know is very rare but really, thank you. I just needed to hear it i guess.
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the period was bright red blood for a few days with some brown blood.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding doesn't happen more than it does, and when it does show up is generally just spotting. It sounds like you had a slightly lighter than usual period, but still a period.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5728 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

okay, cause it was sorta on and off blood and brown. but thank you! the tests make me believe i wasnt

[ 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: clm1994 ]

clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

And I can be sure the test are accurate, right?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you followed the directions and didn't test too early, then yes, you can trust the results.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5728 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

I had sex 3 weeks ago and read the directions and as far as i know did it correctly
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

just kidding... it was 4 weeks ago. so am i safe to say im not pregnant with the negative results, and light bleeing??
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

just kidding... it was 4 weeks ago. so am i safe to say im not pregnant with the negative results, and light bleeing??
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Yes, you can trust that you are not pregnant.

--------------------

clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Thank you so much. I was sure I'm not but I just wanted to be 100% sure. You guys are so helpful by the way. Thanks so much!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.