Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » URGENT! I'M SUPER PARANOID! HELP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT! I'M SUPER PARANOID! HELP!!
plm
Neophyte
Member # 59826

Icon 4 posted      Profile for plm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
22/2/11- period came.
26th or 27/2/11- period ended.

12/3/11 - had unprotected sex it was my first time. but my bf pull out before he ejaculates. (i'm worried about precum)

20/3/11 - we had unprotected sex again. still, he pulls out before the big one. (precum?)

21th or 22/3/11 - My period is suppose to come but it didn't. (I'm always accurate.)

Am I likely to be pregnant? I heard about precum and i'm very worried about it containing sperm. My bf had pulled out on time and he was confident it didn't went in. And he's pretty sure about pre cumming. Are there still chances of me getting pregnant? My nipples did hurt like it does when i'm about to have my period soon. however, i didn't have virginal discharge like it normally does and my outer skin of my virginal itch! what is going on? How long more should i wait for my period before i start getting a pregnancy test? And why don't i feel bloated like when i'm going to have my period soon? Now both of us are stressed up over this matter. pls help!

[ 03-22-2011, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: plm ]

Posts: 2 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The withdrawal method is one of the two least effective ways of avoiding pregnancy. So, if you really do not want to become pregnant, it's just not going to be your best choice. That's less about pre-ejaculate than it is about how easy it is for a partner to just screw up and not withdraw on time (which is WELL before ejaculation, not right before), especially young men. As well, not using condoms means you have no protection from sexually transmitted infections.

Since you did have intercourse, and had it unprotected to boot, and your period is late, you'll want to go ahead and take a pregnancy test. Since you're already late, no need to wait, you can do that now.

Ideally, you'll also want to schedule tests for STIs in a month or so.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plm
Neophyte
Member # 59826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it due to stress which causes my period to be late? buying a pregnancy test kit off the rack or visting a doctor would be more accurate? are tests accurate? am i still too early to detect?
Posts: 2 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't possibly know why your period is late.

Doctors usually do urine tests just like the ones you can buy at the store, so home tests are just fine. Used following the directions and not too early (which it usually isn't once you have missed a period), home tests are over 99% accurate.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.