Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Another pregnancy risk question, please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another pregnancy risk question, please
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a quick question -

If a guy ejaculates and the semen gets on your vulva (not near the entrance) and you wipe it off with your hand, is this any sort of risk to be worried about?

We are learning to use condoms, but we wind up using 3! Instead of using yet another one, I just touch him with my hand, but then when he ejaculates, I don't know how to protect myself from it getting on me. I'd prefer not to take the pill.

Posts: 107 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this does pose a risk. Perhaps not quite as high as if he had ejaculated inside your vagina, but still a significant risk. When did this happen? If it was within the last 120 hours, you still have a chance to get emergency contraception (the morning after pill) if you'd like. Otherwise, you'll need to wait about two weeks to take a pregnancy test.

Did you want to talk about how to use condoms correctly? They're incredibly effective when used properly, but if you're having trouble getting the hang of it we'd be happy to talk you through it.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand how this would pose a risk...

To be more specific - the semen mostly got on my mons pubis area...it might have touched the lips a little bit. But I'm pretty sure it could not have gotten inside the entrance.

Why would I still need to take EC?

Posts: 107 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry - I misunderstood and thought he ejaculated closer to the vaginal opening. There probably is still a slight risk, but not nearly as high as I initially told you. EC isn't really necessary, in that case.

(My offer of talking about how to use condoms correctly still stands, by the way - if you want to go through it, just give a shout.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Thank you.

I think we learned the hard way that we need to be a lot more careful when he ejaculates and where it goes.

I don't think I'm going to take EC. I hear it has some side effects. Plus I just went through a rather awful pregnancy scare, and I don't want to freak out all over again.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.