Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy risk on fertile day?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risk on fertile day?
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first day of my last period was January 19. I had sex a few times since then but I don't remember how many times. I'm worried that I had a pregnancy risk on February 3. My average cycle is 32 days. On that day, I was doing oral sex on my boyfriend. His penis was fully erect. After doing some oral sex, I tasted something and it reminded me of the taste of his ejaculate. I didn't see any ejaculate and it didn't feel like there was a lot in my mouth, just a taste. Then we decided to have intercourse instead of me finishing the oral sex. We were both naked. He rubbed his penis on the outside of my vagina for awhile. He was erect and I was very wet. He also put his penis inside my vagina but for only about a minute.

Finally, he put on a condom and he had intercourse until he definitely ejaculated. I don't know if he had ejaculated the first time when I tasted something. If it was ejaculate would I be at risk? When do I test?

Posts: 36 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any unprotected genital contact can pose a pregnancy risk, although the risk is lower since he ejaculated in a condom. Proper condom use means using one from start to finish and for all genital contact though. Are you using any other form of birth control?

You can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after a risk, or the first day of a missed period, whichever comes first. The results would be accurate then.

You have also had STI risks, so if you and your partner have never been tested, it would be really important to do so.

Are you currently trying to become pregnant? If not, would you like information on other methods of birth control as well?

Here are a few articles that you might find useful:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Condoms
Pregnancy Scared?
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

[ 02-09-2011, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No other forms of birth control. I don't want to get pregnant. I'm not worried about STI risk because we are monogamous and have been tested.
Posts: 36 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright. It sounds like you and your boyfriend essentially used withdrawal the first time which has an effectiveness rate of 96% with perfect use, and 73-82% with typical use. I would say that you used it perfectly because your boyfriend withdrew before being anywhere near ejaculation, but it's not an exact science. It's also impossible to know whether his pre-ejaculate contained sperm or not unfortunately. So, it doesn't sound like you had a very high risk of pregnancy, but I would still highly recommend doing a test in 10-14 days or if your period is late.

I hope this helps! Sorry I don't have better news.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. It makes more sense now. Its been 7 days since my possible risk. If I was pregnant (I don't know yet), would it be possible for me to be having symptoms already? Here's what I'm experiencing today: I've been noticing smells more than usual and some of them have made me feel a little queasy; my breasts look a little larger; and I have some bloating and gas.
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Nobody answered my question. Maybe I was just imagining those symtoms. I haven't experienced any of those things for the past few days. Umm...I decided not to take a test yet. If my period is a week late then I'll take a test. I think I'll probably get my period though. You said it was a low risk, around 4%, right?
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mustard,

No, these sorts of symptoms are not a good judge of whether you're pregnant or not, and would not come into play until much later in the pregnancy. The first symptom of pregnancy is a missed period.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

I should get my period on February 20. I hope so!
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Update... I got my period on February 21. [Smile]
shacara87
Neophyte
Member # 58354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shacara87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi im new to the site, but i have a question...i dnt no if any 1 ever been on metformin, but i started on feb. 17 and had my period on feb.26 and now its 11 days after my period and im having slight cramping but the cramping has been going on 2 days after my period. I was wondering what does all this cramping mean? Is that a sign of ovulation?
Posts: 1 | From: MA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We couldn't possibly guess, but if it's gone on for a week, that's unlikely.

How about calling your healthcare provider?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.