Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » extremely paraniod! please reply

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: extremely paraniod! please reply
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 11 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was fingered with precum on November 27th(which was one of my fertile days). i had a negative pregnancy test on December 9th. i had a period from December 13th till the 15th(shorter than normal) i took another test on January 1st which was negative. i had another period on January 9th till the 12th. i had another negative pregnancy test on the 16th. another negative test on the 24th. and another negative one today on January 27th. i feel like my stomach is growing and i have been having white discharge. i am so scared!!!!!!!! pleaase help me and reply. its much appreciated
Posts: 37 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the time when users come here talking about their fertile days, they don't actually chart their fertility daily or properly, and have themselves double-worried for no reason. Do you actually chart your cervical mucus and basal temp daily, and have you done so for at least a few months, with education on how to interpret your charts?

manual sex (like fingering) is highly unlikely to present a pregnancy risk. I do not hear you describing a viable pregnancy risk here. On top of that, you've had many negative tests, so it's safe to say you are not pregnant.

You would not likely be seeing changes to your abdomen this soon, and discharge is a normal part of the fertility cycle (you know this already if you chart). But if you feel like you can't let go of a worry of being pregnant, how about having a visit with your sexual/reproductive healthcare provider so they can do a test for you to reassure you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68085 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so am i pregnant?
Posts: 37 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather's already said that you did not have a viable pregnancy risk. Not only that, but you've had 2 periods since November 27th, plus 5 negative pregnancy tests. You're not pregnant. If you're still feeling anxious, by all means go to your healthcare provider. You may wish to take a step back from sexual activity to a point where you feel most comfortable.

similarily, you may benefit from reading this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/chicken_soup_for_the_pregnancy_symptom_freakouts_soul

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naners123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okayyy. well i cant go to a clinic or to a doctor [Frown] i have no way. and my parents are very religious and would kill me if i was pregnnat....so if i have lower back discomfort i shouldnt be worried about pregnancy? how sure cna i be i am not pregnnat
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naners123: You're question's already been answered twice, by two different people. You have enough negative pregnancy test results here AND didn't have a viable risk to already know and be sure you're not pregnant. Lower back discomfort can be caused by so many things, if it persists it honestly may be best to let a parent know you're having discomfort and have it looked into. But you really can trust you're not pregnant.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

thanks you guys (: hey so how many people do get pregnant from precum through fingering
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
read up:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_pre_ejaculate_cause_pregnancy

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

hey guys so i started my period again on saturday just like normal but today it is like mainly brown stuff and there isnt a lot...why is that?
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brown menstrual blood or spotting is very common, especially near the beginning and end of your cycle. This is not something you should be concerned about - it often happens when your regular discharge mixes with the menstrual blood and tints it brown-ish.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

hey so what is the cause of my lower back pain and me gaining 3 pounds? also i have been burping way more than usual....arent all these pregnancy signs
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't tell you why you're feeling back pain or why you've gained some weight. If you're concerned about the back pain and it doesn't go away within a few days, you can always consult a doctor.

But given that you've had two periods and several negative pregnancy tests since the situation you are worried about, you can really be sure that whatever the reason, it's not a pregnancy.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

i actually had my period again for around 4 days and i have had 8 negative tests.... is there any chance at all i could still be pregnant? i worry so much
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naners123 - we have answered this question more than enough times.

We are willing to assist you in finding help for your anxiety if you like.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

yeah can you please help me with my anxiety!
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naners123: Are you currently in school? If so, do you think you may be able to speak with the school counselor?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to help with that.

Since the anxiety you're having seems pretty severe, have you thought about getting counseling at all? That would be my first suggestion - a good counselor can not only help us with some techniques to deal with our anxiety, but also get to the root of why we might be having the anxiety in the first place, and work with us to fix that.

Would that be something you'd be willing to consider?

(Oops, Stephanie beat me to it!)

[ 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

i go to a christian school and we dont have a counselor and they wouldnt understand [Frown]
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. Do you think your parents would be willing to help you find a counselor? You don't need to explain what you're anxious about, if that makes you uncomfortable, you could just say you're having some anxiety and want some help dealing with it.

Alternatively, if you let us know where you are (zip code or city) we can have a look and see if there are any low-cost or free counseling services in your area.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

my parents are really not open with me [Frown] it sucks. they dont get anything. my mom and i dont have a great relationship. sorry to ask but like how sure can i be about not being pregnant? like i just wanna feel really sure. and when you tell me your answer please state reasons why
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naners, we have already given you that answer, multiple times, and with a list of reasons why. There is really nothing new we can tell you at this point.

I think it's pretty plain that us explaining why you are not pregnant isn't helping you. Your anxiety is not being lessened at all by our explanations. So, it's time to deal with the anxiety directly by getting some in-person help.

As Karybu stated, you can let us know your zip code or city so we can help you find counseling services in your area. Or, if you want, we can talk about ways to approach your mother and ask her for help.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

thanks september! and alright i live in central ohio. but the problem is i wont have a way to get to a clinic or anything without my parents knowing. but you guys are really sure i am not pregnant right? like do i need to take more tests or anything
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

You do not need more tests, no, but it's becoming pretty clear that you need some help with this anxiety - more help than we can give you online, given that we're not trained therapists.

Could you be a little bit more specific about where you live? We can start by finding you some potential resources, and then look at ways to get you there afterwards, okay?

--------------------

naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

thanks guys. i live in ohio around granville.. also what causes burping? and is it normal
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gas causes burping, and yes, burping is totally common. People burp sometimes. It's a thing. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68085 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naners123
Neophyte
Member # 53945

hahaha i know that but it seems after everything i eat i burp at least once
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Hey naners123, sorry to be a bit slow getting back to you on this. I didn't find anything in Granville specifically, but there's a list of mental health providers in your county here: http://mentalhealth.ohio.gov/where-to-get-help/?search=county&county=Licking

Give some of them a call and see what they recommend - they may know of resources closer to where you are.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.