Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » In shock...am I pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In shock...am I pregnant?
Kandice
Neophyte
Member # 53088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kandice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had my period on the 28th of December and about two to three days into my period, my boyfriend and I had protected sex....although the condom somehow slipped off. He did not ejaculate in me while the condom was off, but he may have had pre-cum. Not so sure, but I am sure that he peed before we had sex and he hadn't ejaculated for a day or so. Basically we were humping unprotected, because his penis was barely entering my vagina, if anything it was near the front region of my vagina, near my clitoris. Could I still be pregnant? When the condom was off, we were mainly humping and his penis barely entered my vagina...on top of that I was on my period. So what are the risks? Again, he never ejaculated, maybe just some pre-cum without having ejaculated in a day or so.

Could I be?! :/

Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since your boyfriend did not ejaculate in you, and you were on your period at the time, it sounds like your risk of pregnancy is fairly low. Considering that it's been more than 2 weeks since this risk though, you can take a pregnancy test now and it would be accurate. This would be your best bet to know for sure and for some peace of mind.

While the pregnancy risk sounds low, you have also had STI risks because of the unprotected genital contact. if you and your boyfriend have never been tested, it would be a good idea to do so in about a month and then again in 6 months or so (some STIs take longer to show symptoms, if they show them at all).

Also, would you like more information on different types of birth control and STI testing?

Hope this helps!

[ 01-19-2011, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kandice
Neophyte
Member # 53088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kandice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're not worried about STI's for the fact that we have both been tested, so that's not really a concern.

Also, I thought that you couldn't take a PT until around the time of your missed period? Taking it early is still valid?

I am pretty sure we had sex on the 31st, so it was near the end of my period. I am just freaking out so badly because I have read that pre-cum can still impregnate a girl. But I was on my period, so I am kind of confused... =/

Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kandice
Neophyte
Member # 53088

Also my breats are becoming fairly sore...could I be around my ovulation time? Or is this pregnancy?
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-cum can carry sperm if a guy has recently ejaculated and hasn't urinated since, but pre-cum in itself doesn't contain sperm. So, if your boyfriend hadn't ejaculated in a few days and had urinated since, it's unlikely that his pre-cum would contain sperm.

Too, it's unlikely that you would ovulate so close to the end of a period, but cycles can be weird sometimes and sperm can live up to about 5 days in a vagina, so that's why unprotected sex even during a period can sometimes pose a pregnancy risk. In your case though, it's unlikely that your boyfriend's pre-cum contained any sperm.

As for pregnancy tests, they're accurate 10-14 days after a risk, or the first day of a missed/late period, whichever comes first. So in your case, it's been more than 14 days, so it would be accurate.

EDIT: It would be too early for pregnancy symptoms like breast tenderness, so it's likely caused by something else like ovulation.

[ 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kandice
Neophyte
Member # 53088

Wow, you have been extremely helpful. Thanks so much, I honestly do appreciate it [Smile] Wonderful site you guys have here!! I will definitely recommend!
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

I'm glad this helped! I hope you feel better [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.