Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Sigh...ANOTHER condom failure :P

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sigh...ANOTHER condom failure :P
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, me and the bf had another condom failure, our second in two or three months [Frown] I'm wondering if we are doing anything wrong. We recently switched from regular lubricated trojan to thin lubricated trojan and since then, we've had two condoms break. The first time was no biggie because it was after he'd pulled out. The ring ripped off from the rest of the condom and he thought he might have nicked it with his fingernail. This time, however, it broke inside of me (we didn't notice until after we finished, but in hindsight there was a popping sound that we thought was just me queefing but was probably the condom breaking).

Anyway...the reason we are using thin condoms now is because I've read so much on this site that they're safer due to less friction...but we never had any failures using regular thickness! Is there anything you think we could be doing wrong? The sex was pretty rough today, so maybe that had something to do with it....

I'd also like to make sure that my plan sounds good. I've been on the pill for 3 years now, and have been perfect thus far this month (starting my second week today). My boyfriend suggested EC, but I told him that since I'm on the pill it wouldn't do much and is less effective than even typical use of the pill. Our plan is to buy two pregnancy tests and for me to test once 10 days from now and once more 14 days from now. Does that sound ok?

I'd also like to give a big THANK YOU to Heather and everyone else who makes this site possible [Smile] I am a lot less freaked out than I could be, and my boyfriend trusts my judgment in this matter because I know a lot more about pregnancy risks, etc than him because of this site. I was also able to show him the pages for 'what's the risk' and 'birth control bingo' which I think has helped ease his mind a little. We're both fine with either outcome, although we'd prefer not to be pregnant right now, but a big part of the reason we're ok is because we know the numbers and the way my pill works and all that jazz. So thank you thank you thank you! [Big Grin]

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi rosalinespork. Have you been using enough lube, including putting a drop or two inside the condom before putting it on and applying plenty on the outside and reapplying as needed? As for the pregnancy tests (how many to take and when to take them), that's entirely your decision. It sounds like a good plan, though, and it's, of course, always good to have plans like that in the first place. [Smile]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.