Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » How likely is it that i'm pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How likely is it that i'm pregnant?
gerrybeth
Neophyte
Member # 43763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gerrybeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a one night stand July 28th while on holiday. We had sex twice first time i know for sure we used a condom and he came. Second time i think we only put a condom on half way through but i'm not 100 % sure. I'm unsure whether he came or not.
I've also found out from online ovulation test that this was my most fertile day this cycle... which only convinces me more.

My last period was July 14th... i have a regular cycle of 28 days so i was due last tuesday (August 11th) but still no period, or not even any discharge that i usally get beforehand. I have had my usual pms symptoms but obviousbly these can be hormones.

Something i noticed a few weeks ago was that i kept getting dizzy and sleeping alot... my mom thought i might be diabetic but now with a late period i am worried these are signs of pregnancy.
My stomach has also became strange i have put on weight all over my body due to not exercising as much but i never usually put too much on my stomach, i keep touching it and it feels harder then usual to touch and doesn't seem bloated.

Knowing the basic facts whats do you think... i'm getting a test tomorrow but until then just wondering what you think?...

Posts: 1 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do bear in mind that online fertile calculators are not all that accurate unless they ask you for weeks of basal temperatures and cervical mucus observations.

Some of the things you're talking about -- like stomach bloating -- simply are not early pregnancy symptoms. A "harder" stomach also is a common thing people who THINK they are pregnant and have never been will say they are sure is a symptom, but pregnancy doesn't create that symptom, especially in the first trimester.

If you're late, you can take a pregnancy test now: why don't you do that, okay? You'll also want to schedule a screening for sexually transmitted infections soon as well.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.