Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Worried and lost.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried and lost.
girlflash
Neophyte
Member # 40745

Icon 9 posted      Profile for girlflash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've posted here a few times already, all really relating to the same thing. I guess its worry and stress that gets the better of me, and I have no one to turn to.

My last proper risk, (by that I mean my boyfriend ejaculated in me) was literally about 2 months ago, but I cant help the feeling that i'm pregnant. We have sex often, mostly without a condom, but I am on the implanon implant, and i dont let him ejaculate in me when he doesnt have a condom on, only when he does. However this time, it broke and you know, the stress kicks in.

Because of my implanon i dont have periods, i sometimes get random days where i will bleed lightly, browny stuff and thats about it. But about 2 weeks ago, my breasts started to get tender, and i know thats a side effect of implanon but it hasnt happened before, and so i thought i would do a 20miu hpt. I did the test first thing in the morning to try and elminate user error, i peed on the stick for around 9-10 seconds and then waited. It came back negative, so i stopped worrying.

But since friday 17th July i have become unwell. I feel sick nearly all the time and am sick after i eat. I have a cold and a lot of flem or catarrah in my throat all the time too and a bad headache. Sometimes i feel fine then am sick 10 minutes later and feel fine again, im worried this is sickness from pregnancy as i know morning sickness can occur at any time in the day. But i did a test a week ago yesterday and it was negative. Im worried im pregnant, i dont know what to do. I feel the doctor would think im stupid if i said i thought i was even though im on the implanon implant.

Im going to the doctors today about my flemmy throat and cold and sickness, not about if im pregnant. My doctor is male too, so it kind of makes it worse to talk to him. My boyfriend is there for me, really supportive, he keeps telling me im not pregnant. Thing is, i dont feel pregnant, the sickness makes me think i am, my stomach isnt bloated, breasts arnt so sore anymore, only if you really squish them then they hurt. Im scared. I just need someone to talk to who doesnt think im stupid and has had this happen to them.

Thank you.

Posts: 21 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if you have a bad cold, it might be the phlegm that's making you feel sick: swallowing a lot of that can upset the stomach. So that may well be part of what's going on.

I also really don't see where you may have had a risk: you're on the Implant, which is very effective, and you also practice withdrawal. With or without the condoms, you have failure rate of less than 1%. Plus, you've had a negative pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.