Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Dry Humping in Swimsuits Pregnancy Risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry Humping in Swimsuits Pregnancy Risk
Tissues12
Neophyte
Member # 43394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tissues12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, I have just one question. As with lots of other people on this website, I am a tad worried.

Last week my boyfriend and I were in our swimsuits and we dry humped. I was also wearing a panty liner because my period was due at any day then. My period came later that week, (six days late) and I have been bleeding heavily for four days, but today it is gone as far as I know.

Of course, as you can probably tell by now I am worried that I could be pregnant. He assures me that nothing came out and that I have nothing to worry about but I still am. Is there any chance at all that I could be pregnant if I happened to ovulate on the first day of my period and the sperm was still there? I did not feel anything, I am a virgin and we did not have sex. But still...? [Frown]

I have read the risks on the pregnancy risk page on this site but I am hoping my situation is different...

Thank you all for your help.

[ 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Tissues12 ]

Posts: 2 | From: CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While women's fertility cycles vary, you really can't ovulate on the first day of your period. Hormonally, two very different things need to be going to to make each of those things happen: they can't both happen at once.

Regardless, you had two suits and a liner between you. Unless your boyfriend's sperm have superpowers, they can't get from his penis into your vagina through all that, since his semen couldn't, either.

I do just want to clear something up for future reference, though, which is that men don't tend to feel pre-ejaculate. So, rather than deciding how to manage risks based on what a guy says he feels, you want to base them on where you may or may not have risks. This, for instance, is not a scenario where I see any risks of STIs or pregnancy. However, had there been no clothing when you two were doing this, those risks would exist, whether or not he or you felt anything. make sense?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tissues12
Neophyte
Member # 43394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tissues12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much on your quick response, Heather, I really appreciate it. I feel much better now. [Smile] Thank you again for the support, help, and advice.
Posts: 2 | From: CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to be of help!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.