Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » precum and fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: precum and fingering
justine doe
Neophyte
Member # 43334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justine doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so like im really paranoid about sex things so

this may sound like a stupid question

so my bf got hard and wiped a little precum off and then like 10 minutes later he wanted to finger me so i made him wash his hands i also
i got my period the day after that
im pretty sure he didnt use the same hand as he did to wipe the precum

so i was wondering if i could be pregnant?
(i heard that you can still get ur period if ur pregnant)

please reply

Posts: 16 | From: cali | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hand washing would take care of any sperm that were present. So no, you don't have a pregnancy risk from what you've described here.

And no, it is not possible to have a period and still be pregnant. Some women may have bleeding during pregnancy (which needs to be carefully monitored by a health care provider), but it is not a real period nor does it generally look like one. A good rule of thumb is that if it looks like a period, acts like a period, and shows up when you'd expect a period...then it's a period.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justine doe
Neophyte
Member # 43334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justine doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you soo much!
im so relieved

but just wondering, what would the bleeding during pregnancy be like?

Posts: 16 | From: cali | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's hard to say exactly because it depends on the individual pregnancy and the cause of the bleeding. Some women may have very light spotting others may have somewhat heavier bleeding. But regardless, it's not going to be a full on period...during a period, all of the lining is shed. A pregnancy can't continue if that happens.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justine doe
Neophyte
Member # 43334

I had cramps, was grouchy, got it on time, lasted the normal amount of time

is it safe to say that im not pregnant for sure?

ive never had sex before

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it felt like a normal period, arrived on time, lasted the usual amount of time, then you can assume that it was a normal period - plus, you really had no risk to begin with. So, you are definitely not pregnant.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justine doe
Neophyte
Member # 43334

oh okay thanks =]

i was just thrown off by the fact that i got my period the day after and that like the egg wasnt even fertilized yet so i might have taken more time

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.