Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » cant shake the feeling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cant shake the feeling
tragicdisco
Neophyte
Member # 43216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tragicdisco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People always say that the most common sign of pregnancy is a missed period. I never had a regular cycle, maybe 2 days every couple of months. My parents put me on depo at 15 because I couldn't remember the pill.. still cant.. after I started the depo I would get a period like clock work the month before I was due for my next shot.. when I went off the shot I stopped getting my period at all.. but I wasn't sexually active. I went off the shot in August and had the implanon implant put in at the end of march, the doctor that put it in was worried because I hadn't started yet and wanted me to have an ultra sound to look at my uterus, well in April I was drinking with a friend of mine and we ended up have un protected sex.. twice. I dont question the effectiveness of the implant I know it makes your body think that it's pregnant so that it doesn't ovulate, but maybe 3 weeks later while at work I started to get seriously sharp pains in my abdomen that convinced me to go to the e.r but by the time the doctor got in there, over an hour later, the pain had stopped and he said there was nothing he could, the pains haven't stopped their just not as bad, little twinges now and then, my roommates convinced me to take a pregnancy test, of course negative, and I had an ultra sound done to see if there was something wrong with my uterus but everything was normal.. but I still cant shake the feeling its been 11 weeks since we had sex I know something would of shown up if I was pregnant but the stomach pains, the fatigue, the snacking, the craving, the nausea, peeing all the time, my upper stomach feels tight? (i'm a large girl) could being over weight hide an early pregnancy in an ultra sound or am I just freaking out
Posts: 1 | From: mo | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're definitely not pregnant, given the length of time, the negative tests, and the extremely effective birth control (the implant is 99% effective). An ultrasound would have definitely revealed a pregnancy, too.

You should, however, get into see a doctor who takes your stomach pains seriously. It might be a sign of some other issue.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.