Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Reassurance needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reassurance needed
funkygurli3
Neophyte
Member # 42991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for funkygurli3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok my period is usually as punctual as clockwork, but perhaps due to stress of finishing my postgrad dissertation and my period finally came more than 2 weeks later..

Ok, so I jacked of my bf during the 3rd day of my period (and usually last day) and then washed my hands and wiped them off. After that, I fingered myself approx 2 hours later.

I know that my cycle is probably messed up due to the lack of sleep which is perhaps why my nipples started hurting yesterday. My breasts only usually start hurting like a week before I get my period but this time it's only been 15days since I got my period. Also I've put on 2 pounds in the past week.

I guess that pregnancy really isn't a possibility given the circumstances, but I really just need assurance from a sexpert!

I won't be needing a pregnancy test, would I?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey funkygirli3! Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

You're absolutely right about pregnancy being an impossibility here - semen has to come in direct contact with your genitals to present a pregnancy risk, and that just didn't happen here. It sounds like you've been under a lot of stress lately, and that combined with the lack of sleep is probably why your cycle is a bit out of whack right now. Give your body and your mind some time to de-stress, and your cycle should go back to normal.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.