Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » What is goin on?? Is this Pregnancy?! Plz Read im very nervous/worried!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is goin on?? Is this Pregnancy?! Plz Read im very nervous/worried!!
StrawberryDiva0808
Neophyte
Member # 42866

Icon 11 posted      Profile for StrawberryDiva0808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, ive been on this website before but i just registered so Hello! Anyway, i have had the craziest month! Well me and my partner had unprotected sex May 3rd. about two weeks later instead of getting my period, i got nausea and headaches, i was sleeping ALOT and had mild cramping. All those things went on everyday. the third week, still no period, a new thing happend: my breast started hurting and they even looked fuller. so by this time he is like yea you re preg. i took two preg test and they were neg. well on May 30th i started bleeding a dark red like my period, same thng on the 31st. but on the 1st of June it was nothing! no blood at all jus the same symptoms ive had all month jus worse. now its Wednesday and im spotting brown (very little). my breasts still hurt bad and im still nausua with every smell, after i eat, whn im not eatn and mild cramps, sleeping every chance i get...What is going on? could i be pregnant? is this weird bleeding a period? why are these symptoms getting wores every week?

--------------------
BE BLESSED!!

Posts: 4 | From: Little Rock AR | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrawberryDiva0808
Neophyte
Member # 42866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrawberryDiva0808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah a little insert: I have a two yr old daughter and whn i suspected preg with her, i took alota HPT's and they were all neg but whn i went to the doctor and took a blood test i was 2 months! i didnt have all these symptoms (i jus had a missed period and peed alot) thts why im a lil confused. Maybe my urine isnt strong enough? maybe all my test should be blood? IDk. ..

--------------------
BE BLESSED!!

Posts: 4 | From: Little Rock AR | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be really unlikely for HPTs to miss a pregnancy at this point, but of course we can't say something is completely impossible. Was the bleeding you had like a normal period for you?

If you're concerned, then it's time to head to your doctor for a blood test.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrawberryDiva0808
Neophyte
Member # 42866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrawberryDiva0808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i took both tests a week after i had sex maybe it was too early..and no the bleeding was not normal at all

--------------------
BE BLESSED!!

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, testing a week after unprotected sex is going to be too soon. You would want to test after at least 10-14 days. So you could re-test now and expect a reliable result (assuming the test was not expired, used correctly, etc.).

Significant bleeding, even if it is late, usually indicates that one is not pregnant. This could just be an "off" period for you...even with women who are usually very regular, it's not unheard of to have a cycles that's long or a period that's shorter than usual once in a while. But again, since you're concerned, the thing to do now is test again to take the worry off your mind. Since you've had unprotected contact, you'll want to get an STI screening as well anyway.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrawberryDiva0808
Neophyte
Member # 42866

yea, i will go to the doctor soon..i stopped bleeding this evenig . thank you for the quick response!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.