Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy risk during period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risk during period?
livexyourxlife
Neophyte
Member # 42756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livexyourxlife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel quite irresponsible for wondering if I'm pregnant, because this is the second occassion in 2 months, but nevertheless, I'm asking.

I've been researching answers on the boards for years now, which is why I'm pretty sure of the answer I'll recieve to my question. Tonight, my boyfriend and I got caught up in a heat-of-the-moment deal, and we went from dry humping fully clothed to him rubbing his penis against my clitoris. I know he didn't ejaculate, but there might have been some pre-ejaculate fluid. That lasted only a few minutes before I realized that this didn't seem safe, with me not being on birth control or him wearing a condom. I left the room right after and wiped all of my lubrication off, leaving it dry. I also had a tampon in as this is the 2nd day of a usual 5 day period. Later I took a wash cloth and washed my genitals with warm water.

What is the risk of the situation, on the mild to severe scale?

Posts: 5 | From: Illinois, United States | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
You would have a very low risk of pregnancy in this situation. I cannot call it "no risk" as you did have some unprotected genital contact.

With this kind of contact, you also have the risk of sexually transmitted infection. We would recommend using condoms in the kind of situation you describe and also that both of you are regularly (at least yearly) tested for infections.

Try not to feel irresponsible as these kinds of things happen to all of us at times. If you find yourself regularly wondering about pregnancy risk, you may want to think about using a method of birth control regularly. If you have further questions about this or other issues, feel free to bring them up [Smile] .

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.