Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » sex turnoff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex turnoff
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 4 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 21 weeks pregnant and since i have found out i was pregnant i have been turned off sex i rarley feel like it and my boyfriend is always arguing with me thinking that i dont like him anymore or that im cheating on him. In my last pregnancy i didnt mind it but this time i do is this normal

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Posts: 31 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it can be completely normal not to be interested in sex while you're pregnant (or at any point in your life, really).

Especially with so many hormonal changes and body changes going on, it's not surprising that some changes to sexual desire are going to happen too. Even if it didn't happen in previous pregnancies, that's fine. Not every pregnancy is the same.

I'd encourage you to find other things in your relationship that create that intimacy, like cuddling, holding hands, doing other things together, etc.

But yes, you can tell your partner that this is normal and okay. Has he read any books about pregnancy? I ask because that's discussed in just about all of them in talking about changes to bodies and relationships caused by pregnancy. If not, then you might want to pick up a book to help him really understand what this experience is like for your body/relationship and what he can expect. (You may want to pick up a book about babies as well.)

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he has read some pregnancy books but thinks that im still cheating on him or something cause he thinks its wierd how i pretty much dont want it at all..

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Posts: 31 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, can you inform him again that it is NOT weird, but that low libido at any time, and certainly during pregnancy, is perfectly normal?

Might you also make clear that pregnancy is stressful for you even more than it is for him, and that his accusations are hurtful and stressful to you? Can you talk about what you need from a partner right now when it comes to support, even when they aren't getting some things they want from you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.