Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Should i buy the PLAN B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should i buy the PLAN B
goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

Icon 2 posted      Profile for goofyface303     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my boyfriend and i didnt have sex but we did dry sex and his penis came in contact with my vagina however this was after i performed oral sex on him...another thing is im on day 26 of my cycle and have about 3 to 5 days before my period is gonna start should i go buy the plan b. and is the fact that i performed oral sex on him before the act lessen the chance that any precum was viable
Posts: 20 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You providing oral sex doesn't change anything in your risk scenario, save that if that was unprotected, you may have had STI risks from that as well as any genital contact.

When you say his penis came in contact with your vagina, what do you mean exactly? Are we talking about his penis brushing you casually, or are we talking about both of you nude rubbing your genitals together...?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goofyface303     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we were nude and rubbing genitals
Posts: 20 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goofyface303     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i feel so stupid for doing this i really need some advice im at a loss and i dont know if i should tell him yet
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. When that's what's going on, we're really not talking about dry sex anymore, because that involves fluid sharing. So, your risks are more like those of intercourse without ejaculation. Did he ejaculate during this?

(Just FYI? From here on out, that is not something to do unprotected if you do not want to risk pregnancy and/or an infection. Do you feel able to insist on condom use in the future?)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

no he didnt i began to feel bad about what we were doing so i told him to stop
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So, what we are likely looking at here is basically the withdrawal method -- in other words, you had the kinds of risks intercourse presents, but without a full ejaculation. In perfect use, that leaves around a 4% risk of pregnancy, with typical use, around a 27% risk. Given you are expecting your period soon, you are likely also in a least fertile time in your cycle.

So, having all of that information to consider, what do you feel you'd like to do? When was this risk again exactly?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

we did this last night and this morning i began to think that that was the stupidest thing i could have done and then my mind started to race. i know friends told me about Plan B but ive heard crazy things about how it affects your body... and i can assure you that from now on im going to let the physical stuff in our relationship die down we plan on getting married in about two years and i really dont want any thing to happen btwn now and then
Heather
Member # 3

Well, we'll often hear crazy things about a lot of things, especially when people aren't informed. The effects of Plan B tend to be pretty similar to that of regular birth control pills.

Here's our page on Plan B for you to look at: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill).

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have after you read that.

Don't forget, too, that if you two have ever had any other sexual partners for anything and have not had a recent screening for sexually transmitted infections, that's something to tend to (both of you) as well.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

im sry but i have one more question if you were in my position would you buy the plan b
Heather
Member # 3

Would I? If I didn't know my fertility cycle very well, then yes, I probably would. But I should qualify that by saying that not becoming pregnant is pretty ginormous for me for a bunch of reasons. But I'd also be more worried about STIs than pregnancy in this scenario.

As well, this is one of those hypotheticals that's tough for me because I just don't tend to take those kinds of risks and do anything unprotected in the first place.

Ultimately, this is going to be about what level of risk you feel comfortable with and what seems best for you.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

Thank you so much for your advice i really appreciate it and i think im going to think about it for today...Plan B is what im leaning towards and as far as STI we have only been with each other as we are both virgins but i will never be doing anything like this unless protected...

and two more questions is my risk for pregnancy high and does barnes and noble carry your book..i cant really get information on sex from my parents and my dad usually monitors my internet usuage thats why im at the library

Heather
Member # 3

Again, I'd not class this as a high risk. It seems likely to be a low risk.

Barnes and Noble does carry the book, but sometimes a given branch is out, so you have to special order it through them (which is free, you just may have to wait for it a week or two). But you can also find it through Amazon.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

thank you again so much
Heather
Member # 3

Happy to be of help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

hi again heather i could not obtain plan b, i all of the pregnancy centers in MS only give tests and so when i decided to go to the actual store to buy it my mom's friend was there working... im so worried and dont know what to do know its the only place that has it and she has been working this whole week
Heather
Member # 3

How may days has it been now since your possible risk, 4 or 5?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

about to be 5
Heather
Member # 3

Sorry to come so late, and that another volunteer didn't pop in: I was working the shelter today away from home.

Can I ask why you didn't ask your boyfriend for help? If he can help now, he can also get it for you. Or, you can just go ahead and get it then talk to your Mom. You also have the option of getting it through a walk-in clinic or your doctor.

But if it's getting close to five, you've already left the 72-hour window where it's most effective, and you're getting closer to a time where it may not be at all. So, at this point, you may also want to consider you may just need to wait this scare out.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

i got a friend to drive me to the next city over and i bought some i took it around 1 this evening and was debating on whether or not to take the 2nd pill before the 12 hour span...i read that you can take both in one dose or split them up into two doses 12 hours apart...im very confused at this point
also when i took the first one i felt okay except for drowsiness and bloating ... is the pill still working

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

my boyfriend lives out of town at college and he was going to drive down but couldnt yet... how worried should i be... i think im gonna freak out
Heather
Member # 3

Like I said, this does not sound like a high risk:

quote:
So, what we are likely looking at here is basically the withdrawal method -- in other words, you had the kinds of risks intercourse presents, but without a full ejaculation. In perfect use, that leaves around a 4% risk of pregnancy, with typical use, around a 27% risk. Given you are expecting your period soon, you are likely also in a least fertile time in your cycle.
As you can see, it's probably even a pretty small one.

Freaking out probably won't make you feel better, and getting stressed out might also delay your period, which you obviously don't want to wait on any more than you have to.

So, I'd just try and relax for now, even though I know it's not easy.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

okay i just hope that the pill helps...thank you again im trying not to spaz again...guess later i'll take the second pill and then play the waiting game my bf is coming down tomorrow first thing in the morning and watching me for a while...
thank you so much and we had a talk and decided on never doing that again until we have said our i do's

goofyface303
Neophyte
Member # 42364

well i was expecting my period today and it didnt come.... is this the plan b's fault or is it bc im pregnant and should i take a test now.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.