Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » PREGNANCY WORRIES!!! HELP!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PREGNANCY WORRIES!!! HELP!!!!
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arya Drottning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already put a message up about 3 weeks ago to get help as I believed I was pregnant.
I was 80% convinced after that that I wasn't. but now I'm not so sure.
If I am, I am currently at 5 weeks.
I'm pretty sure that I did not miss my period last month as the bleeding lasted for about 7 to 9 days and it was aorund the right time.
I have noticed however that, to me my stomach looks slightly rounder towards the lower end and over the last few days it has seemed a little firmer or a little bloated.
I have been measuring my waist-line and hips for the last few weeks morning and night and nothing changes much between 32 - 33 inches (Hips) and 30 - 31.5 (Waist)which is very close to normal for me. Each week I have weighed myself a few times and I havnt moved anywhere from between 50kg and 52kg.
I want to get a pregnancy test but am unable to ask I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone else, where they go and what they do and I highly doubt any of my friends will be able to get me one as they all live around 30min to 60mins out of town.
I havn't felt any signs of fatigue and if I do its normal as I am slightly tired all the time and I only really feel any fatigue if I've had a late night.
I would really apprieciate if this could be answered in the next few hours/day or two as I am starting to stress out.
There also may be more information in my previous post 'HELP!! I THINK IM PREGNANT!!!' so if you could please read that and/or help I would be so grateful.
thanks.
Sarah.

Posts: 15 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arya Drottning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....I am unable to AS* I live in a small town....
Posts: 15 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I told you in your previous post, it's not possible to have a regular period and be pregnant. And since you had what looked like a period, when you were due for your period, it's pretty safe to assume that that's what it was.

As I also explained in your last post, you would not start showing this early, so measuring your waist line is entirely pointless. You would also not be gaining weight yet.

The one thing I can recommend you do here, to ease your worries, is get a pregnancy test. Have you asked those friends if they can help, or are you just assuming they won't? I'd give it a shot and ask them, first, since you're clearly very worried and a pregnancy test would greatly ease your mind. And, again, is there anyone else you could ask? A relative or friend of the family that you trust? Even just someone you could ask for a ride to a doctor's office so you can get tested there? What about your partner - where's he in all of this? Can he help?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arya Drottning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Thanks again for helping.

My firneds would be unable to help as one is just too shy and her parents are in the army so she has to stay at home and she lives too far out of town. The other two firnds would just laugh at me and not believe me if I told them about this. They know my 'partner' and one of them has 'made out' with him last year and then tried to blackmail me into letting her go out with him even though she knew i liked him. I have to be friendly with her just because she sits in our group at school.
So Im not really able to get my firnds to help.
My 'partner' has no idea about this 'situation' as im not sure i am pregnant and i wont say anything untill i knnow i am becuase he will tell his mother and shell tell mine and there will be a massive family fued.
So im on my own with this.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, pregnancy seems very unlikely.

Do you want to talk about how to better assure, though, from here on out, that you will NOT be alone in this kind of thing?

Are you still with this person with whom you had the risk? If so, have you discussed that you are not able to trust him with things like this because of your feelings he will not keep this information private, but tell his mother which will create a drama for you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

hi.
Yes. that would be great thankyou. Im really worried and I need help. but I dont know anyone that Im comfortable telling.

Yes. I am still with him, although he doesn't know anything about my worries as I am not the type of person to personally tell someone my problems. Its easier for me to write it down and get someone to help that I dont know.

If I am pregnant it will be 6 weeks today.(Sat,7th March)
I am starting to be convinced that I am. I dont know if Im over-reacting to everything that happens with my body or not but i have a feeling that I am.
I havnt had any sickness yet.
Althouh I normally feel sick through the morning if I dont have breakfast -
(this has happened for years, and sometimes having breakfast too early makes me feel sick) -and I have been getting that 2 or 3 times during the day over the last few weeks, to me it feels like 'i havnt had breakfast' sickness
Could it be 'morning sickness' (for the last few weeks).

Because it is 6 weeks 'since' today I have taken some pictures of my stomach.
Would someone be able to check them and see if I look like I have a '6 week stomach'. I know people are saying that I wouldnt be showing at the moment but I would still like someone to have a look.
If someone could email me and I can send them a couple of pictures. Please, I would just like to see if (if I am pregnant) whether Im showing or just gaining weight [even though I am on a diet].
my email is:
Email removed for your safety, per our guidelines.

Also, my stomach is feeling firmer and it feels different some how when I press on it and around it. and only this morning I felt very very very slight pain around my belly button when I pressed.

Please Help Me As Soon As Possible.
Please. Im starting to really worry.

Thankyou,
Sarah.

[ 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey....as somebody who has been pregnant in the recent past (my son is 9 months old), let me tell you, there is no "6 week stomach". Even if you were 6-weeks pregnant, a fetus would be about the size of a lentil bean (something like a quarter of an inch long). At 6 weeks, a uterus is barely any different in size than it was when a woman was not pregnant. You are NOT going to be able to see or feel a difference at only that point.

Stomachs can look and feel different based on any number of things...what you've eaten recently, gas, when you've had a bowel movement, water retention...heck, the list goes on and on. You've got nerves and organs in your stomach area...if you push on them, it's not surprising to find it uncomfortable.

As Heather said, it just seems incredibly unlikely that you would be pregnant. Especially given that you've had a normal period and one can't have a regular period and maintain a pregnancy.

[ 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

Thankyou for your help.
I think Im just panicking and everything that happens I think it's going with pregnancy.

Thankyou again,
Sarah.

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really easy, when we're worried, to start paying attention to everything our bodies do (even the totally normal things) and try to attribute it to something like pregnancy. But obsessing over every little change or looking for symptoms just isn't helpful or good for your peace of mind.

Do you want to talk about why you have so much anxiety about this? It may be more helpful to explore why you have this level of worry.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya Drottning
Neophyte
Member # 36748

Thankyou.

I guess I am anxious because I really don’t want to be pregnant as a) Im only seventeen and b) I would be in a lot of trouble from my mother.
And another reason is, for the last 5 years I have been living with some family friends on weekends so I could compete in Equestrian Events. Our friends have a son that is 2 years older than me. The more time I spent at their property, I began to realize I liked him. A lot. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, over the first 2 years we got closer and closer.
There’s been a few times after the first 3 years that we have been caught. Not ‘doing anything’, but his Dad saw him, [from a distance, so we didn’t notice], kiss me once and he told my mother and she had this massive big talk with me saying that if ‘anything’ were to happen, it would most probably ruin the relationship our families had. And I’m pretty sure his Mother and Father has the same talk with him, but it’s obvious to me, he didn’t listen.
So over the last two years he’s been ‘wanting more’ I suppose.
I stopped competing about a year and a half ago but because they live so far out of town he stays at our place on weekends and weeknights that he has to work late. So I still see him quite a lot. I’m pretty sure our parents think nothing is happening anymore, although my mother sometimes looks suspicious when he’s around.
The hard part about this whole situation is that we’re not actually publicly going out or anything he knows how I feel.

As I said in one of my last posts, Im not the kind of person to tell someone how I feel or talk about my problems, I keep them to myself no matter how much I want to do something about it. I have one friend that knows just about everything, although she lives 5 hours away, we email and she helps out. But I haven’t told her yet about my latest ‘problem’.
I wanted to try and be sure first.

So I guess Im so anxious and scared because I’m scared that I’ll wreck my mothers friendship with our friends and I don’t want to lose ‘him’ either, and as I said I really don’t want to be pregnant. I have so much to do before I even consider kids.
And now is just way too early!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.