Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Please Help ASAP !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help ASAP !
Blondiee
Neophyte
Member # 42203

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Blondiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya [Smile]

I am concerned I may be pregnant. I am 16,soon to be 17, and not in a stable relationship so I am petrified at the possibility.

It has been a long time since I had my period (at least 5 weeks) but I don't know how to judge it because it can vary a bit from month to month, but on average is around 34 days. I am also feeling quite nauseaus and feeling the need to urinate more often/go to the restroom however this may be due to nerves. I am also suffering from heavy discharge which lately has taken a slightly yellowish colour, this didn't seem to be as present previously as it is at the moment. I am also suffering from a vaginal itch and external pain around the vulva area, however this seems to be healing.

My problem is I have no idea when my last period was I just cannot remember. My period, which started when I was 13/14, is usually heavy, with quite bad cramps, it is pretty regular (I think I only ever had a very light period once before about 2 years ago). I haven't even experienced cramps this month. I usually just take it for granted... Would a doctor be able to find this out through an examination?

At the end of January I had unprotected sex. My partner did not ejacualate inside me, or anywhere around that area so I am pretty sure the sperm from the ejaculation didn't manage to impregnate me. He came out about 3 minutes before he came and our sexual penetration lasted about 4 minutes (before he pulled out). I am not on the contraceptive pill. As far as I know he had urinated since his last ejaculation, which it is likely was not even on the night we had sex.

I have not bought a home testing kit yet as I live in a very small community and for the confidentiality issue, therefore I have not had a test.

Is it possible I could be pregnant? How likely is it? Could you give me a figure?
If I am pregnant will I be able to proceed with a 9 week or under termination even though I can not remember round about when my period was?

Blondiee.xo

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondiee
Neophyte
Member # 42203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blondiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should probably also mention that I'm having a shooting pain on the left hand side of my belly which I have never experienced before.
Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given you did have a possible pregnancy risk and have missed your period, I really think it's time to go ahead and get a pregnancy test, either a home test or by seeing your doctor.

Withdrawal is not a very effective method of birth control, and like any, it can fail without you knowing it did. So, can you start with a test?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to diagnose pregnancy based on symptoms is never a good idea. You're going to need to get a test. Even if you don't remember the date of your last period, as long as it's been at least 10-14 days since your most recent risk, you can take a test and trust the results. Even without ejaculation, you still have risk anytime you have unprotected contact. We believe that urinating beforehand may reduce the risk of pregnancy due to pre-ejaculate, the evidence is not sufficient to says it's a sure-thing. So yes, you did have a risk from that contact. Per our What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments, we would assess your risk as low to moderate. So really, it's time to get a test.

It also sounds to me like it's time to head to your doctor. Itching and pain around your vulva may be signs of an infection in need of treatment. (Since you've had unprotected contact, you'll also want a full round of STI testing.) Shooting pains are also something which need to be checked out sooner rather than later. You want to make sure that nothing is going on that is going to be dangerous to you.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.