Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » could i be pregnant? very detailed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be pregnant? very detailed
polkadotag
Neophyte
Member # 41831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polkadotag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is going to be very long and detailed but i need a piece of mind. i had my period on october 1st and my cycle is ususally about 32/33 days(i have kept track for the last year). on oct 7/8 (about 2 in the am) i had sex with my boyfriend. the condom broke due to me being VERY dry and he immediately pulled out and there was NO ejaculation, i know about precum but i am about 90% sure he went to the bathroom before we had sex. an ovulation calendar said i was to ovulate on oct 20th, so i was far from being fertile. around the 20th i noticed fertile mucus(sorry tmi) and soon after my boobs became sore(which is normal for them to become sore about 14 days before my period starts). On nov 2nd my period started right on time and lasted the normal amount of days and seemed pretty typical, my boobs stopped hurting half way through my period just like normal. once again around the time the ovulation calendar said i would ovulate i had fertile mucus and then my boobs started hurting. I started my next period on Dec 3/4th right on time and boobs stopped hurting during the middle of it. i know this is getting long but im about to get to the point, this period lasted the normal amount and seemed to be a typical type flow. once again around the time the ovulation calender predicted ovulation i had fertile mucus and my boobs started hurting. BUT my period was due either 2 days ago or yesterday and it has not come. is there anyway i could be pregnant from the sex in october and not know? i have had no symptoms except for the sore boobs after ovulation each month and then they stop being sore once "period" comes on. I have not had ANY other symptoms, no weight gain, nothing. I have had a sinus infection/cold for about 2 1/2 weeks and have recently become very worried about this situation, could this be delaying my period? i just really need another opinion because i have been going over this situation in my head constantly. thanks in advance
Posts: 2 | From: tn | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polkadotag
Neophyte
Member # 41831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polkadotag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot to add that this was the only sexual encounter.
Posts: 2 | From: tn | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't be pregnant and have had a period (and you've had two). So no, you're not pregnant. The sickness and the stressing out about the period are indeed what's likely causing it to be late. If you're that worried about it still, you could for sure take a pregnancy test by now. Here's an article detailing some of the reasons a period might be late

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/m_i_a_or_dude_wheres_my_period

Hope this helps!

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's highly unlikely that you could have been pregnant for this long, complete with normal periods, without noticing. However, since you're concerned, I suggest taking a home pregnancy test just to give yourself some tangible evidence that you truly are not pregnant.

One thing about ovulation calendars, they are guesses at best. The dates of your period are not enough to determine ovulation; other information about your cervical mucus and basal body temperature are also needed. If you're interested this article can give you more information: Get With the Flow: All About FAM.

[Rosaline beat me to it. [Smile] ]

[ 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: -Jill ]

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.