Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » ****ED UP please respoind as quckly as possible i need an asswer now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ****ED UP please respoind as quckly as possible i need an asswer now
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

Icon 4 posted      Profile for baby101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i read about 20 diffrent blogs and none were like my question so none totaly answred it so please answer quicly ok i so ****ed up i think im 17 and i had unprotected sex ive been dateing my boy friend for 4 mounths but we used a condom maybe 4 to 5 times and i havent goten pregnat the only diff is that my periods a week erly all the time each mounth a week erlyer and erlyer ok and now we did it on my period and he came in me on like 4 diffrent occashions can i get pregnat on my period? and if so when and how or is there only like a 1 chance durring the whole period of me geting preg on it im not sure i just want an answer i have no ideal how it works so can some one expalin to me the whole period and pregnat thing if its possible to get pregnat on your period and how soon dose ur period stop if you are pregnat dose it stop the frist mounth of being pregnat?
Posts: 13 | From: crazy land | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are you charting your periods?

I ask, because if you're expecting them to fall around the same date each month, that's not the right way to chart. A regular period will tend to fall on different dates because each month does not have the same number of days, and many women also tend to have shorter cycles than 30 or 31 days.

It is possible to become pregnant from intercourse had during your period: pregnancy isn't instant, so a risk we take on one day basically continues to be a risk for a few days afterwards. It is less likely for most women to become pregnant from sex during a period than from sex at other times, but it is still possible. There is also more than once change for pregnancy in a fertility cycle.

Here's a solid explanation for you on that issue: Get With the Flow: All About FAM.

If a woman becomes pregnant from a risk during her period, her period will not just halt. And do be aware that pregnancy is not your only risk here: you've been taking risks of infections as well. What troubles are you both having in using condoms consistently?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baby101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes i know we've been makeing that mistake but I THOUGHT I COULDENT GET PREGNAT ON MY PERIOD i dono what i was thinking omg but i mean im sure im not pregnat i mean im gona stress till i get my period yes but i mean i cant take a pregnacy test any time soon im gona half ta wait a mounth ok so i date my period like when i frist get it say i get it on the 13 i'll get it a week before the date i had it a whole 7 days every mounth say i got it on the 13th the i'll get it 7 days before that then next mounght i'll get it 7 days before the last 7 every mounth its a week erly so i get a period every 3 mounths and i mean im not supposed ta be haveing sex so i cant talk ta my parents and i mean i cant be preg im 17 i work go to school im in the 11th grade i cant i dont have time for a kid i dont belive in abortion and i think adoption is wrongish for me because if i lay down and make it i need to stand up and take care of it it would brake my moms heart because she was a mom really young ok ok so really what are my chances of being preg i mean ive head sex 3 days out of my period and he completly came in me i had sex on the frist day of my period then i think the 3rd ish and then 2x on the last day of my period so what are my chacnces my period ended last night i think and i mean i just was on here dobble checking i cant get ppreg on my perido and now u tell me i can omg im gona have a brake down please email as ssoooon as possible i'll be back on at 7 when i get home form work please explain my chances of being preg and i mean how sure are you that i can get preg on my period
Posts: 13 | From: crazy land | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one has to wait a month to take a pregnancy test: you can take a test as soon as it's been around two weeks since your last risk, or when you have a missed or late period: whichever comes first. I'd also suggest a full STI screening for you soon (as well as for your partner). Again, pregnancy is not your only risk here.

It does sound like you haven't been charting your period correctly. You don't want to do it by dates, but rather, by the number of days in each cycle. Here's more information on that to clear it up for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/my_period_is_late_or_is_it

We can only tell you that if you have been having unprotected intercourse, you have had substantial risks of pregnancy: it's just not an exact science when someone becomes pregnant, so there's not much more than that we can say. If you want to get a better look at that, work through this: Vaginal Intercourse.

How sure are we that some women can become pregnant from sex during or at the end of their periods? Very. This has long been well-supported in sound references on women's reproduction and health. Like the first article I linked you to, it is not new information, at all, to know that fertility cycles vary, and that women become pregnant this way. How can it happen? Because not all women ovulate at the same time and because sperm can live in the vagina for several days. While it's unlikely for a woman to ovulate during her period, some women ovulate very shortly thereafter, so an egg can be available for sperm waiting around for it from sex a few days or a day before. Too, while the environment of the vagina during menses isn't all that conducive to sperm, it still happens sometimes, and with younger women in particular, who are often more fertile than their older counterparts,and whose cycles can also often be erratic, the risks can be higher.

If you do NOT want to become pregnant -- and it's very clear that's the case and that it is not something you feel you can manage -- you really need to stop having unprotected sex. If you want NO risk of pregnancy, you need to stop having intercourse, full stop.

[ 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baby101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so i could be preg and yes im dateing my period right every week its a week eralyer i know theres 31 i count that in as well when theres 31 i take a day off but im still young and i know it takes a while for my period to set right so thats ok but should i like say something to my boy friend because we were both at the understainding that you cant get preg on your period should i tell him that i can or just wait it out till i find out im not and then tell him? should i be really worryied because i thought theres a really low risk of geting preg on your period?
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

o and stds are not a problume hes not sleeping around and he was a vergin before we did it and hes not messing around and i know that for a fact hes not that type of guy and he dosent have the time to hes always at work he just recently graduated thats why a kid would be a huge problume hes 19 and im 17 i just turned 17
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, a menstrual cycle won't necessarily correspond to calendar months. What you'll want to do is, next time you get your period, count the first day as day one of your menstrual cycle. And then you count from there to your next first day of bleeding. That's how long your cycle lasts.

Since your partner is part of this relationship, and since he'll be affected greatly as well should you be pregnant, yes, I think you should talk to him. You'll also want to discuss proper protection with him for the future, anyway, and talk about more consistent condom use. Now that you know that you CAN get pregnant on your period, you'll want to discuss that with him.

If you suspect that you are pregnant now, you can go get a pregnancy test. They'll give you an accurate result at 10-14 days after the last risk.

And lastly, you'll never want to take someone's word for it that they are STD-free. This is your health on the line, after all. So why don't the two of you make appointments to get tested together? That way you'll know for sure that you're being safe.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

hi well its been a while sences ive been worrying but i think im pregnat are there any eralyer sighins that will tell me eralyer then my period beeing mia like disscharrge or something
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pregnancy test alone is a conclusive sign of pregnancy. Pregnancy signs and symptoms vary wildly between women and individual pregnancies, with various onsets and various symptoms themselves.

But what I can tell you is that by the time you're experiencing any genuine pregnancy symptom, a test will have shown positive quite awhile before because the hormone detected by pregnancy tests is what elevates to a good level to cause symptoms, which the test detects in trace amounts. Your best bet is therefore to do it now, and put an end to the worrying and waiting, provided it has been about 2 weeks or more since your last risk.

There is no change in discharge for women who have just become pregnant, just a missed period.

[ 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

ok well im going ta have some tests done for my stomic i have some cysts and some abdomal stuff going on and the tests cant be done on preg. women and im not sure if im preg i dont wana do any thing harmful if i am how can i convince my boy friend ta go get a preg test with me? i dono how i tried last night and he was like i dont think you are and witch preg test is best? and how much do they usaly cost
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can use ANY pregnancy test -- brands don't mean a thing, it's just advertising. Even pregnancy tests from the 99 Cent/Dollar Tree stores are proven just as effective as the more expensive kind. One marked "early pregnancy test" might make you feel more comfortable, as they are the most sensitive type.

You convince your boyfriend to take you to get a pregnancy test by being frank; HE put you at risk of pregnancy by choosing to have intercourse without a condom, so it is his responsibility as a good partner to help you manage that risk.

If he is not receptive to still helping you, go by yourself, and strongly consider kicking him to the curb. Someone irresponsible enough to BOTH put you at risk of pregnancy and then dismiss your concerns is someone unsafe to have sex with; think about it, if he's THAT "meh" about the entire thing, how could you trust him to give a damn, much less be there for and support you/a potential child in the instance you are/become pregnant?

(You also can mention this to the doctor when you go in for the tests. Usually, any exam/test that could cause harm to a fetus entails the provider asking if you are or might be pregnant, so you can and should just come out and say so. But I'd highly recommend you somehow make clear to your boyfriend how uncool all this is, even if you don't test on your own.)

[ 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

i know but as far as my parents are concerned im not supposed to be haveing sex so i cant tell the doc. i miht be preg so im makeing my boy friend take me out and get a test ta day i dont care wether he wants to or not and if hes not supportive of it he can go to hell i got pelently of other guys who wana date me well it will basicly be deffently right right?
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

That's the spirit! :D

Go out and get that test, and just take it. We'll be here for you to talk about the results, whatever they are, and can help you figure out what to do if you are pregnant. And if that boy doesn't buck up and use a condom from now on (or anyone you date in the future) you have the experience now to know that telling them "no" is a way nicer time than all this worrying, eh?

JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey baby101, take a deep breath, OK?

First of all, please trying typing in standard english, alright? It's really hard to understand what you're saying.

You don't have to tell your parents to talk to a doctor. Doctors are bound by patient confidentiality laws stating that they cannot reveal information to a third party unless their patient consents or they feel the information is immediately life threatening. So you could talk to a doc and be fine.

The pregnancy test should be accurate now, yes. Just follow the instructions on the package.

(As a side note, it really, really doesn't sounds good when someone who's going through something like this right now says that they've got plenty of other people who'd want to date them. You have enough to worry about right now: if your boyfriend doesn't want to take you to get a test, ask a friend or take the bus.)

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

he said he'd take me after work and im sorry about the spelling errors i was typeing too fast because i was pissed off
and im not 18 so any thing i say to the doctor can be relayed back to my parents for that fact its the law in my state

Heather
Member # 3

What state do you live in?

If you're in the US, it doesn't matter what state you're in, your doctor and his or her staff still have to keep your sexual health information private for your parents unless you give them permission to disclose it.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

ok YAYAYYAYAYA IM SOO HAPPY IM NOT PREG THE TEST SAID NOT PREG JUST WAITING ON THE PERIOD LOL NOT SURE WHEN ITS COMEING BUT YAYAYAYAYAYAY IM NOT PREG
baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

ok after that pregnacy scare i am looking at a verity of birth control methods and i think the patch would be best for me and i like the sounds of it i would like to know if you can tell me how to get my hands on it wetehr it is a perscritpin required or not wether i can go to the drug store and buy it with out a perscrition and how much it would tipicaly cost
Heather
Member # 3

Hormonal methods of birth control, all of them, require a prescription.

So, if you want the patch, you'll need to make an appointment with a healthcare provider. In terms of paying for that visit and the patch itself, that's going to depend on where you are, and if you're covered by any kind of healthcare plan or not. If you're paying cash for those things, again, it's going to vary based on who you see, and where you get your patches.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

will you please dellet these post its telling me i cant dellet my own posts and i was wondering if in your first moutnth of pregnacy if you gain weight or throw up quite a bit and have any feeling in ur abdomal area
Heather
Member # 3

baby101, as it makes clear in our guidelines for the site, when you post things publicly, they are going to remain public, and you should only post them if that's okay by you. It is out policy not to just delete posts any time a user wants them deleted: if we did that, we'd wind up spending more time deleting than we'd have to actually answer questions.

So, if you are not okay with your questions being public, you'll need to not ask them here any more.

You said you have had a negative pregnancy test, right? Are you asking about another pregnancy risk or scare now?

Weight gain in the very first month of pregnancy would not be typical. Pregnancy at any stage does not cause a lack of feeling in the abdominal area if that is what you are asking, but if you are asking if you can feel a pregnancy in your pelvis yourself in the first month, no. Some women do feel nauseated as early as within the first month, others do not.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

baby101
Neophyte
Member # 40227

ive been throwing up its a new preg risk i dont know its probly been about a mounth i was wondering if throwing a lil not a lot just throwing up a bit and being fine in frist mounth would be something that can happen i might take a preg test to night or tommrow or next week im not sure its all about when my boy friend isint working id want him ta be there i got a preg test a home but i just dont know if i can go threw with another one my hands were shakeing last time and im scared that i may be takeing it too early i had sex maybe the 5 or 6th of this mounth would of been my risk day i dont know wether its too eraly or not too nerves to take a preg test or if it may be too soon if i take a test to night i dont have any one on IM to talk to about the results and my boy friends working late to night im 17 again still a kid my self dont want no kid i dont know what i'd do
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

I guarantee you're not throwing up due to a pregnancy; it's just too early when we're talking days since any potential ovum implanted. You can take a test now for it to be accurate. You need to know in order to know what to do. I know it's scary, but it's a responsibility you have to step up to, and we're here to help you, no matter what it reads.

If it's positive, we can help you sort through your three options and get you on track to helping you make your choice. We can refer you to resources in your area to assist with or provide whatever choice you make.

If it's negative, we'd like to talk some more about partner negotiation and maintaining your sexual boundaries. We've talked about this before and it seemed you had resolved to use a birth control method/stand up to your partner about doing his part, but you're in this situation again. What's going on? What can we do to help you protect yourself? It's just not great to go through this twice when even the possibility of pregnancy scares the dickens out of you.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.