Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » please help me yall...im scared and stressing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help me yall...im scared and stressing
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for haileybell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 16 years old and the other day i was fooling around with my boyfriend. we didnt do it but he did kinda rub my ****** with his **** and i dont if he pre cummed or anything. i was dry when he did this so i dont know.....but he only rubbed the top part. i missed my period which i was supose to get on thursday...but i have also been stressed out alot cause of this. i need help with what yall think of this...please help...i need answers and please be nice bout it.

o yeah im also gettin all the period symtoms but as i read now they are the same as pregnancy ones

--------------------
hailey!

Posts: 12 | From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming you both were unclothed, you did have a moderate pregnancy risk as well as an STIs risk.

If it's been less than 120 hours, then you still have time to take EC if you do not wish to become pregnant. You can also take a pregnancy test now to determine whether or not you are pregnant. Given your period is being late, it should be accurate by now. It's also worth knowing that this is the only accurate way to determine whether or not you are pregnant, relying on symptoms isn't accurate.

As for STIs, it would be a good idea for you and your partner to go get tested a few months from now if you both haven't been tested before, were not STIs free or haven't remained monogamous since your last STIs screening.

[ 07-06-2008, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for haileybell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um....yeah you didnt really help that muchwe dont have stis cause i would have already had it and i know he doesnt have any cause i have known him since 6th grade

--------------------
hailey!

Posts: 12 | From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless a person has been tested for sexually transmitted infections, Hailey, none of us can know what we do and don't have. Much of the time, STIs don't show any obvious symptoms, and we can't know someone doesn't have them just because we have known that person for a long time. A lot of the reason STI rates are so high with young folks is expressly because of the kinds of ideas you've just voiced, which aren't in line with the reality of the situation.

All the same, you asked for answers, as I understand it, on what your risks were, and were told that you had both possible STI and pregnancy risks, which is the case. You were also given information about EC, which can reduce your risks, as well as pregnancy testing.

What other help can we offer you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

i have read all over this site and i have seen a few things that relate to mine and they said that they didnt have a high or moderate chance because i even have read that pre cum does not contain sperm and that the only way i could be pregnant...taking a test tomorrow just incase i think wrong, and unless you can be born with a sti then i know he hasnt had one cause unless he had sex in 5th grade...so yeah thanks yall really are not helping one bit to tell you the truth...unless somewhere answered after heather

--------------------
hailey!

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-ejaculate sometimes does not contain sperm, but other times it does (it did when my parents got together: here I am to tell that tale). One way we know that it's unlikely that it does is if a guy urinated before sexual activity, so if you know he did that, then you can probably put pregnancy risks aside. Otherwise, it's kind of just about finding out the hard way if it did.

You can be born with some STIs, though in the western world anymore, it's not very likely, since birth mothers and infants are usually screened. You can also contract a couple from non-sexual contact. But if you two are getting sexual and haven't talked about your sexual history, sounds like it's past time to do that. If either of you has had any kind of sexual partnership with anyone else, STIs are an issue to concern yourselves with rather than to dismiss.

Obviously, too, next time, you need to be sure that at least a condom is used if you are going to be rubbing your genitals together when you're not dressed. Sounds like it's time to talk about that together, too.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

i know he did pee before we did this and yeah we have talked bout our sexual past and we are each others first for everything we have done other than kiss and make out...so i dont think i need to worry bout that...but im scared bout the pregnancy thing cause i missed my period...but like i said i have been stressing bout it

--------------------
hailey!

haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

please help yall im stressed

--------------------
hailey!

Heather
Member # 3

Hailey, we are helping. Please understand that this is a free service without public funding, and save myself, all our staff is volunteer. You've literally waited less than a half hour for a response, which is a very short time. You'd wait longer in your doctor's office. [Smile]

If he urinated first and did NOT ejaculate on you, then your risk is low. But since your period is late and you are freaked out, there's no reason not to take a pregnancy test to be sure and to ease your mind.

And yes: if both of you have naver had any kind of sexual partnership before, then for the most part, your STI risks are also low.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

k thanks cause i have been stressing my brains out since then i like everyone i ask on yahoo answers has been mean to me and i just need someone to be nice for once....i mean what every people say is the truth but how they say it. im taking a test tomorrow and if i have to i will take another one...but i have another question. when is the best time to take one and when should i take it...this big huge mistake that will never happen again happened on monday(june 30th)....period was missed on thursday

--------------------
hailey!

Heather
Member # 3

Yahoo answers isn't, in my book, a good source of information for many things, especially for sex information. Most folks who answer there don't have any eduction in the field, and often aren't even researching answers. Suffice it to say, you're also often likely ot find a lot of insensitivity there: people are usually anonymous, so it's not like they have a professional reputation to maintain.

I assure you that everyone here has a vested interest in being sure you get accurate information and that any user here is also treated with kindness and care.

Per pregnancy tests, once your period is late, then any time after that is a fine time to take a test. There's not a time when it's really too late to take a test, it's about taking one too early. As a rule, a woman should take a test either after her first missed period OR, if she hasn't missed one yet, when it's been at least 10 days, and ideally 14, after a possible risk.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

like when is the best time take one...i have read the morning but im not sure.

--------------------
hailey!

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's recommended to take the test first thing in the morning, as your urine is more concentrated and the levels of hCG (if any) will be higher.

But really, since your period is late, you can take it at any point in the day.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

k cause im just wondering when i can do it and is it good to buy 2...take one and then take another one later in the week...like if i buy one tomorrow...take it on tueseday morning...then by one tuesday and take it on thursday

--------------------
hailey!

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, you can definitley buy two, and have one ready to take a few days later. Thats actually a really good idea.

You can actually buy them in a two pack, so that might be easier and save you a trip to the store. And if you don't end up using the second one right away, you can always hang onto it, just in case you need to test again at some point.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

k so now i got a question bout the tests...like...what are the ones that have the a + or - or a pregnant or not pregnant cause the ones with the lines are going to confuse me probally

--------------------
hailey!

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a test that's pretty darn simple to read, you may want to consider getting a digital one. (Clearblue makes one, I'm not sure if other companies do.) The Clearblue one, at least, has a little digital readout that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant", so it's pretty hard to mix it up, although they're more expensive.

Otherwise, you can probably look on the box- they'll likely have a picture of the test and you can see how they indicate whether you're pregnant or not.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

yeah like the line ones...im scared i wont see a second line but it will be there and how much are clearblue ones usually

--------------------
hailey!

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in my experience, most tests do use the whole +/- thing. Many tests have two little windows with lines in them- one to indicate that the test is ready to read and has worked (ie, absorbed enough urine), and the other one contains the pregnancy result. If you read the instructions that come with any test, they're all pretty simple to use. [Smile]

Normal pregnancy tests can vary from around 10-20 dollars, but digital ones can be more expensive- I've seen ones that cost 40 dollars, but this is Canadian prices (and my area has crazy inflation), so you may find different prices in your area.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haileybell
Neophyte
Member # 39173

k cause im trying to kinda good quality one that is kinda cheap like uner 20

--------------------
hailey!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.