Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I can't even pee on a stick right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't even pee on a stick right?
monkeemunch
Neophyte
Member # 36883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeemunch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I did a pregnancy test today just to follow up on a first one I did about three weeks ago when my period showed up very light and very unlike me.

In the past two weeks, my breasts have been sore and I've been cramping at times as if I'm about to start a period but it's way too early to start another one.

This test was negative as well however, my hands were shaking so badly that I'm fairly sure I peed over more than just the damn absorbent tip because I saw some of the liquid appear to pass into the actual result window (ugh, it figures I can't even take a damn pregnancy test correctly).

I put the cap back on and almost immediately it began showing a negative result (although the box said the result should take two minutes).

Should I trust this or did I mess the stupid test up? Although the positive window has a light blue hue to it, there is a clearly define dark blue line in the negative result window.

Thanks for any help you can provide this neurotic soul.

Posts: 6 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would trust it. If you didn't get enough urine on the absorbant part of the stick, you wouldn't have got the control (negative) line either.

However, if you really do not trust the result, you can take another test. Pee into a container and dip the stick into the urine. Most pregnancy tests that you can pee on can also be dipped into urine (read the instructions -- it should say).

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeemunch
Neophyte
Member # 36883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeemunch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

I've been cramping all morning and now I'm bleeding. It feels like my normal period but if I had "one" nearly three weeks ago, I don't understand what's going on.

The one that happened nearly three weeks ago was very light. It was rust colored blood and for about one day it produced some some very odd clotting. It only lasted 3-4 days total...

It showed up around the time I was "expecting" albeit 2-3 days late.

Is this just some fluke hormonal thing?
I did have unprotected sex (sans ejaculation) maybe two weeks prior to the light period.

Is it possible the first period was a miscarriage? Or that this one is?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so neurotic but this hasn't happened to me before. My Mom keeps telling me that weird things happen once and awhile but I guess I'd like to hear it from someone other than her, especially since I appear to be having my period again [Razz]

Posts: 6 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.