Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Nausea the day after sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nausea the day after sex
IslandGirl
Neophyte
Member # 22801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IslandGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 23 years old and have been on birth control pills for nearly two years. My boyfriend and I also ALWAYS use condoms every time we have sex. This past Sunday we had sex, then Monday I began feeling some nausea and slight cramping which has been going on for the past three days. We use two forms of birth control (pill and condom), we had sex the very first day after my period so I wouldn't even be ovulating, and he did not even ejacuate. I realize this is as safe as it gets. Could I be feeling this way because I'm possibly pregnant. Are feelings like this normal or am I just being paranoid and stressed out over this? This is also only the second time I have ever had sex.
Thank You

Posts: 2 | From: Key West | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're in the middle of norovirus season. Ten bucks says you got hit by a bug that popped up at just the right time to get you worried.

Correct pill usage and use of a condom leaves virtually no risk of pregnancy. So, take care of yourself, and let your first step be to stop worrying. :)

(Just a minor BTW -- you don't ovulate on the pill, that's its primary mechanism of preventing pregnancy. Every single day is just as "safe" as any other as the pills are taken correctly.)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie's.In.Trouble
Neophyte
Member # 36250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie's.In.Trouble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm impressed at just how safe you are!
If you've taken the Pill correctly AND he used a condom AND he didn't ejaclate, the chance you could be pregnant is so miniscule its not worth thinking about.

If you're nervous about it, then this can lead to nausea, and given the time of year most of us are feeling pretty rotten!

If you're still worrying about it, get a pregnancy test [accurate after 10-14 days after sex]: trust me, the feeling of relief from a negative test it amazing!

Good luck, and stop worrying! [Smile]

Posts: 7 | From: Leicestershire | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lozzyhubbard
Neophyte
Member # 40310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lozzyhubbard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a simular query but different because we werent safe at all, we had sex 3 times that day only twice did he ejaculate. and we didnt use no protection. he pulled out but he may not have been quick enough.

it was the day after my period ended and now the day after, i am experiencing cramping all day which is now making me quite nauseous (feelin sickly)

could i b pregnant??

Posts: 1 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long ago did the risk took place ? If it's been less than 120 hours, then you still have time to go take EC if you do not wish to become pregnant. You did have a viable pregnancy risk from this unprotected sex.

If more time than that has passed, then you'll have to wait 10-14 days to take a pregnancy risk. That's the only way to determine whether or not you're pregnant.

The unprotected sex also put you and your partner at risk of STIs so if you haven't been tested twice 6 months apart, were not STIs free or haven't remained monogamous since, then you might want to schedule an appointment to get tested a few months from now.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.