Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Late period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period?
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 9 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I messed around a few weeks ago. Nothing too serious I just "went down" on him and I'm not sure if I touched his pre-cum or anything. I went home that night and I remember washing up before I masterbated. My period hasn't come and I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Will my stressing out about this now just make my period come even later?
Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds as though you guys had little to no pregnancy risk in the first place, so I wouldn't worry about pregnancy, especially if you've had a negative result from a pregnancy test. (However, you have had STI risks- have you and your boyfriend both been tested?)

Stress certainly can make periods come late, so really, just try to keep in mind that you're in the clear. You could even take another test to reassure yourself if you like! [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just concerned. I want my period to come already! My mom is constantly asking why it hasn't come yet and I don't want her to give me a test. What should I tell her?
Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, there's really no harm in her giving you a pregnancy test, is there?

After all, it's more than unlikely you're pregnant, so.

When were your last few periods in terms of dates?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My periods were usually in the middle of the month (like the 15th or so) and by now it would be over. I'm getting cramps, tender breasts, pimples (signs of my period) but it still hasn't come.

I have another pregnancy test, I'll do it tomorrow morning before I go to school. Is that a good time to take it?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's so important to make a point of just making a note in a calendar each month of when you menstruate.

Some of why is because with a regular cycle periods aren't going to fall around one date each month, because unlike menstrual cycles, the number of days in each month vary. So, someone with a 28-day cycle may have a period around a certain date for a few months at a time, but not overall, over years.

(And in March, this is particularly important, since February has several days less than other months.)

The morning is the best time to take a test, but unless something happened you didn't post here, you're not pregnant, and those symptoms you're having are likely just because your period is en route.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

I forgot that February has less days, thank you for reminding me. Other than that, I'm a natural "worrier". Nothing else has happened to me, I just worry to the point of no return.
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Update:

Just took a 2nd test & it says negative. I feel much better now.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.