Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant periods?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant periods?
Dus8or
Neophyte
Member # 9740

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dus8or     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a large chance of a store bought pregnancy test resulting in a false negative after 3 months of last risk? Lately I have been scared because I read about "having a period" while actually pregnant. I have had 3 regular periods and a negative test. Is there really any chance of pregnancy here? I have gained weight recently, and although I haven't really gained any weight in 2 years, I guess it could be for many reasons. Also, what is with these "periods" people have while they are pregnant?
Posts: 35 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you cannot have an actual period if you are pregnant. So, as long as you took the pregnancy test like you were supposed to, you are fine. Some women experience light spotting during the beginning stages of pregnancy, others can sometimes have implantation bleeding, but that's not what this sounds like AT ALL. I understand feeling concerned about the weight gain (I thought I was pregnant because of the same thing once last year). But, really chances of you being pregnant are nill. Don't stress about it, really.

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Store bought pregnancy tests are highly accurate when used correctly, and especially after three months from your last risk? A test would definitely be accurate now.

Also, it is impossible, I repeat, IMPOSSIBLE to have an actual period and remain pregnant. So the fact you report having three regular periods since your risk? There is no chance you're pregnant.

People sometimes report having had a period when they were pregnant because they see non-period bleeding and assume their period is what they're seeing. Implanation bleeding, for example, although it's less likely for women to actually see it, happens after implantation; this sort of bleeding is incredibly light, however, and nothing like a regular period with regular flow.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.