Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » *sigh*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *sigh*
Monotonous
Activist
Member # 29530

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Monotonous         Edit/Delete Post 
Hokay, so I know this fear is dumb and irrational, but I like to hear some smart individuals who I know they know what they're talking about tell me everything is fine.

My boyfriend and I were obstinate for a while because I was getting too crazy about this pregnancy thing. Everything has been going fine, as long as I knew no sperm was present (using condoms for everything). Yesterday, I masturbated him without a condom. Everything was okay, and not even five minutes later I had to go to the bathroom.

I didn't even think about it and just wiped like normal and then I remembered I was touching him. He did not ejaculate, but I'm scared that I had pre-ejaculate on my hand when I touched the paper which then of course touched me. However, my hands were completely dry. Does this automatically mean that they did not have any sperm on them? When I read over this it sounds so ridiculous but I see that my irrational fear has not yet left me.

Oh, I'm also on BC, which would normally make me assume for this type of thing that there's no way conception could possibly happen, however my pack instructions say that you can get pregnant 7 days after you miss a pill (taking one late) and yesterday just so happened to be 6 days after that.

Wow, I'm being silly, aren't I? But the back of my mind still tells me that there's a chance. But there's not, right?

Posts: 59 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No chance at all, hon. If sperm are dry, they are dead, and if the hand that only *might* have had sperm on it didn't even touch your vulva, you haven't got any risk here... and even more so because you're on BC. Also, I don't know what kind of BC you're on, but with most pills, if you've been taking them properly, then taking just one late shouldn't compromise the effectiveness all that much. They probably just have to put that statement in there to account for the people who aren't great about taking their pills consistently.

So, long story short: don't worry about pregnancy! Not going to happen here. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.