Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Double period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Double period?
ESP_Kruspe
Neophyte
Member # 31030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP_Kruspe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I don't exactly know if I should be worried or not.

My girlfriend had her period last week, and it ended on Friday I believe, except, she's having it again this week.

What does it mean if she's having a second period in two weeks? If it helps, she's on the pill, and restarted it last week.

Posts: 4 | From: Glasgow | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long has she been on the pill?

If you are asking about a pregnancy concern related to this...don't worry. It's not possible to have a withdrawl bleed (or a period, were your partner not on the pill) and maintain a pregnancy.

If she's new to the pill, then this may just be her body getting used to the hormones in the pill. Some wonkiness can occur during the first 1-3 months. If she has been on the pill for a while, then she will want to call her health care provider so that they can check out what's going on. In either case, if she continues bleeding or if the bleeding becomes heavier, she should at least call her health care provider for further instructions.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP_Kruspe
Neophyte
Member # 31030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP_Kruspe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She had previously been ont he pill, but stopped for a month. Betwen one period and the next after she ran out of the pill, plus she was going on holiday, so it wasn't necessary for ehr to be taking it.

So the chances are it's jsut her getting used to it again>?

Posts: 4 | From: Glasgow | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woah woah woah...the pill is not an on-again, off-again method. Either she needs to take it and take it regularly (i.e. correctly each month) or she needs to not take it.

Likely her body is VERY confused due to the stopping and starting. If she's having difficulty getting her pill each month or does not want to be on it all the time, then she should talk with her doctor about utilizing another method. But when you're on the pill, it's a very bad idea to just try to take "holidays" from it. Remember that she's completely altering the way her body's hormones work...that's not something that it is sound to be messing around with in unregulated ways. So either on it or off it will prevent this type of thing from occuring.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP_Kruspe
Neophyte
Member # 31030

She won't be goign off of it any time. She tend sto stick with it, which is the best thing to do now hat she's restarted?

And I take it, everythign will resume a snormal most doubtly, as logn as she sticks to the one decision?

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Yes, her cycle should regulate again in the near future as long as she continues taking it as directed. Though she may notice some wonkiness and/or spotting for the next cycle or so.

Again, if it becomes serious, problematic, or ongoing, she should call her health care provider.

[ 10-09-2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

ESP_Kruspe
Neophyte
Member # 31030

Thanks for the help [Smile]

Much appreciated

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.