Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be pregnant?
jemma
Neophyte
Member # 30929

Icon 11 posted      Profile for jemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had unprotective sex we used the withdrawel method but he ejaculated around my vagina we did it the same as this 2 times in like couple hours?! im jst bit concerned that i might be pregnant is it possible i am?!and i think my nipples are a bit sor it was on the 22nd september

[ 10-01-2006, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: jemma ]

Posts: 3 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy isn't instant: it takes around a week to complete. So, no, right NOW you could not be pregnant if this just happened.

However, you can BECOME pregnant from this risk, so if you do not wish to BE pregnant, I would advise you seek out emergency contraception.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jemma
Neophyte
Member # 30929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it was a couple weeks ago on the erm 22nd sep
Posts: 3 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then you can take a pregnancy test a couple days from now and find out.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BELLA609
Neophyte
Member # 30589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BELLA609     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY HUN - THERE IS A CHANCE YOU CAN DEFF BECOME PREGNANT- BUT I WOULD DEFF SEEK TO GET THE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVE PILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...SOME CITY COLLEGES NURSE STATION DISPENSE IT FOR FREE...AND ANY DOCTOR CAN PRESCRIBE IT TO YOU...I DONT KNOW WHAT STATE YOU LIVE IN BUT HERE IS A WEBSITE FOR THE NEW YORK 5 BOROUGH AREA WITH CLINICS THE CITY RUNS AND GIVES IT TO YOUR FOR FREE , I WENT TO ONE MYSELF-
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/std/std2.shtml

I WOULD TRY TO DO THAT ASAP

- ALSO DONT STRESS IT , STRESS WILL DELAY YOUR PERIOD- I WAS IN SAME SITUATION- AND SKIPPED ONE MONTHS PERIOD- AND AS SOON AS I STOPPED STRESSING IT CAME! AND OVER THE COUNTER PLUS/MINUS TESTS ARE PRETTY ACCUARTE I TOOK ALOT AND ALL HAD THE SAME RESULT,...I DIDNT LIKE THE DIGITAL ONES... BUT DONT TEST TOO SOON,, TRY TAKING IT A DAY OR TWO AFTER YOUR MISSED PERIOD!

I HOPE I HELPED- TRY 2 STAY CALM!

Posts: 24 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bella, please don't type in all caps - it's the internet equivalent of shouting and it's very hard on the eyes. Also, this question has been answered already; please don't post unless you have something new to add to a topic.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BELLA609
Neophyte
Member # 30589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BELLA609     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to karybu- i have found this website to deff be helpful in time of need but every volunteer on here has been rather nasty to me! i wrote in CAPS by accident and im told its equivlant to shouting, i tried to help someone in the same situation that i was in, and i wish i had someone to talk 2 me when i was in it and im told not to post unless i have something new to add....i dont like any of the voulnteers on this website, i dont know who is incharge of this site but i am going to contact them and let them know more than once their volunteers have been quite nasty!!! helpful but nasty . and you can ban me from this website but i deff had to express my opinion and let the girl know that i was in the same situation and not to stress it, i know how it feels to be in the situation she was in!
Posts: 24 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jemma
Neophyte
Member # 30929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To bella609 u was a gr8 help thank u dnt listern to wat others av to say im greatful thanks again .x.x.x
Heather
Member # 3

Except, Jemma, that Bella's advioce wasn't correct.

It is too late for you to get emeregency contraception now, because your risk was on the 22nd. EC can only work if taken within 120 hours (five days) of a risk.

FYI, Bella? I'm in charge of the site. And I have also asked you kindly to please drop your caps when posting. To boot, I'll also ask you to please follow the rules you agreed to when you registered, which include not posting complaints on the boards, but in email, and being responsive to the volunteers requests.

No volunteers here have been nasty to you: our volunteers are doing their job. (And I assure you, many have also had pregnancy scares themselves.)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

BELLA609
Neophyte
Member # 30589

i gave jemma the same advice you did in your post on oct 1st the same day to get the pill so how could mine be wrong and urs be correct?

as you can see :

yours was posted the same day as mine oct 1st
giving the same advice

Heather
Scarleteen Founder (AKA Miz Scarlet)
Member # 3

posted October 01, 2006 07:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pregnancy isn't instant: it takes around a week to complete. So, no, right NOW you could not be pregnant if this just happened.

However, you can BECOME pregnant from this risk, so if you do not wish to BE pregnant, I would advise you seek out emergency contraception.

Heather
Member # 3

Yes, and after I posted that, she made clear that her risk was on a date which would make EC a non-option, which I then also made clear.

And many hours after THAT you posted what was posted previous to us having that information, as if you did not read the current information which made clear EC wasn't workable for her, or dismissed it out of hand, which isn't helpful to the user at all, because she then may only find herself confused when there is nothing to be confused about, since EC has a very specific and time-sensitive window in which it can be used.

Your information was incorrect because when you posted, you had, now, the information that a) her risk was too long ago, and b) a staffer (myself) had made clear EC was not useable for her situation.

And again, Bella? This isn't appropriate here. Please review the guidelines, and please do not argue issues like this with the volunteers or myself on the boards. It helps no one.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.