Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Worried, but should I be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried, but should I be?
amcca18
Neophyte
Member # 28757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amcca18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't really know why Im worried, because at the back of my mind I know that I shouldn't be worried, but anyways. I might have gotten sperm on my trackpants (not my skin) that had been out of a guys body for at least 10 hours. I didn't even have sex, and wasnt near a guy at the time, I just freaked out that maybe I had come across it by accident. I already got my period in August, right on time and normal flow, and now I can feel my period coming again, and should start next week. Just to make myself feel better, I took a pregnanct test last week, and it turned out to be a negative. But now I am stil freaking out. Can someone please tell me why I am doing this to myself, and how to calm down?
Posts: 14 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm just CANNOT survive in unhospitable environments (ie, in the air, on clothing, etc.) for more than 20 minutes, not to mention you can only have a pregnancy risk if ejaculate or pre-ejaculate comes in direct contact with yuor vulva. So just to give you a little extra reassurance: there is NO way you could possibly be pregnant, none, at all.

Unfortunately, we can't tell you why you might be stressing so much about this - do you have a history of anxiety at all? Have you thought about possible seeing a counselor or therapist, just to help work out some of your anxiety? Counselors are excellent unbiased sources to get your worries out, and I know when I had bad anxiety problems, my counselor helped me with cognitive exercises that helped me de-stress and get the anxiety out of my head.

Other than that, just try and keep busy and keep this out of your head as much as possible, if you're starting to feel anxious, read a book, write, read a comic, go for a jog, listen to your favorite music as loudly as you can and sing along, anything you want just to keep your mind busy.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. First, take a deep breath.

You have a chance of getting pregnant if semen come in contact with your vulva or vagina. Semen doesn't go through full layers of clothes. Were your pants soked with semen or was it only a spot on your pants ? And did it affect your underwear also? If it was only your pants, it's really really unlikely you're pregnant.

Also, what do you mean sperm being out of the guy body for 10 hours. Has the sperm been on your pants for ten hours ? I don't get that part. Sperm can survive for around 20 minute in an inhospitable environment but during this time if your underwear was soaked by it, it has time to get you pregnant.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but if I was in your case I wouldn't worry this much. There's almost no chance you're pregnant and if on top of that you took a pregnancy test ( I don't know if you took it 7 to 14 days after your risk) and it turned out negative ....

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BELLA609
Neophyte
Member # 30589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BELLA609     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey hun pleaseee sleep 2nite! there is NO NO NO NO chance you can be pregnant if it only got on your pants! relaxx huni
Posts: 24 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Hey, Bella? Could you please refrain from posting if a user's question has already been answered? We appreciate you wanting to give advice and give support to users, but the bandwidth of this site is limited and we need to conserve it as much as possible, alright?)

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.