Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel horribly lame, and I know that all you're going to tell me is to get a pregnancy test, but I guess I just need people to tell me to get one, because my boyfriend is pretty positive that I'm not pregnant.

We haven't had sex, but we do put his penis in between my thighs and rub it against my vagina. We were doing that, and I got caught up in the moment, and I slammed down against him, and he ejaculated. We then got a moist wipe, and nothing got on my vagina, but it did get on my upper thigh. I have severe paranoia, so I took EC anyway before the 120 hour mark.

Ever since then I've been tired, hungry, irritable/sad, and my tummy seems to be getting bigger. My boyfriend thinks it's because I'm stressed that I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure.

Please tell me I'm crazy and there's basically no way to get pregnant this way, or tell me to take a pregnancy test.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your risk of pregnancy was pretty low to begin with, especially if you're sure semen did not come in contact with your vulva. You probably did not require the EC.

We generally don't go by symptoms of pregnancy, as they're symptoms of many other things as well.

If you're concerned, i think you should take a test. You can test the first day of a missed period of 10-14 days after the risk. I would say the $10 or so you're going to pay for a pregnany test is going to be worth the peace of mind ...

If the test is negative and you don't get your period on time, take another. If the second is negative, it's unlikely that you are pregnant. If it's positive, you need to see your doctor.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you took EC, there's pretty much no chance you're pregnant.

I'm assuming this happened only within a few weeks ago? If so, rest assured, you would NOT be seeing any change in your size, the fetus is just not going to be that big at all if you were pregant.

Also, all of the other symtpoms you're experiencing sound a lot more like a stress issue, and stress can lead to just feeling bad in general and make it more liekly that you pick up a little bug to make things worse.

So, if it has been more than 10-14 days from that risk, you can take a pregnancy test just to ease your worries, but it's highly unlikely you have anything tow worry about, anyhow.

Your only real risks in this situation would be STI transmission.

In the future - have him wear a condom if you're going to be sexually active, that avoids any risks of pregnancy or STI transmission pretty much period.

(Mindmeld!)

[ 09-04-2006, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the STDs, we're our firsts for anything extremely sexual, and we've been tested. So we're responsible in that situation [Smile] .

The only thing that worried me is that I actually GOT something like a period. I only get periods in extreme cases of stress (I went 8 months with no period until my papa died), and about 4 days after I took the EC, I got a very light period. I heard you can have light spotting when you're pregnant, and that led my paranoid mind to believe that I was pregnant.

[ 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Brianna ]

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's more likely the light spotting you saw was due to the EC.

Have you been to a gynecologist conerning your cycles? It's not normal to not have your periods on a somewhat month-to-month cycle, so have you had that checked out before?

(And awesome that you've both been tested [Smile] !)

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Yeah, I've been to a gyno before concerning my cycles. They put me on 4 different birth control pills before I just decided to give up. I can't take the pills because I vomit after taking them, so they don't go down anyway. They didn't really tell me any second options, so I thought there was no other solution to my problem.
Rasee
Neophyte
Member # 4867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rasee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to comment very quickly on the lack of periods. I went about four months without one and then started bleeding for three weeks straight. If I don't take my birth control I don't get my period. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome a few years ago, and not getting your period is a symptom of that as well. I have been prescribed hormone pills before--not birth control--to help regulate my periods as well. There are other methods to deal with it, and you definitely should see a doctor--or another one--to figure out what is going on.

--------------------
"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself." - Richard Bach

Sushi for Beginners

Posts: 23 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Wow, I just read about it, and I have a lot (but not all) of the symptoms.
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

If you're concerned about PCOS, it may be a good idea to head back to your gynecologist and speak about your period problems again.

Discuss what other options and solutions may be open to you ASIDE from hormonal birth control - just be very firm that you do NOT want to use hormonal methods because of bad reactions in the past, and hopefully they can help you find at least something that may help you out. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.