Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » What is happening?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is happening?
PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PeckA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently my boyfriend and I have been getting really serious. We have been trying to have a child together. We are both very happy and very much want to start a family. The problem is, is that for the past 4 or so times we have had intercourse a clearish whitish liquid has been coming out of my vagina. I thought that it was possibly just his sperm coming out but he told me that it happened once when he did not ejaculate. I really don't know what is going on. I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I am just worried that there is something wrong with me and that we are not going to be able to make a child together. If anyone could write back I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you!
Posts: 9 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever paid attention to your normal vaginal discharges before? if not, it may just be that you're just now noticing typical discharges, which are both how the vagina cleans itself, and part of the fertility cycle. And if you're trying to conceive, you're going to want to start charting those.

Too, were you both up-to-date with your STI screenings BEFORE you started having unprotected sex? if not, it's pretty vital you do that before becoming pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeckA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the stuff that is coming out of me is more clear than anything. I just don't understand it. Yes it only happens during sex. But the thing is it only started happening since we started not using a condom. That is why I was thinking it was his sperm. I understand it takes a lot of tries to get pregnant. I usually don't chart my discharge but it is never as much as what comes out when we have sex. It is alot of discharge and usually I only have a small amount.
Posts: 9 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like vaginal discharge during arousal.

As for having more when you don't use a condom, I don't quite understand why.

But have you gona to the gyno lately to be tested for STDs ? I didn't get the answer.

[ 08-14-2006, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeckA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
correct but if that is what is happening could his sperm come out with it?
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yeah. That is possible that it is both his semen and your discharge.

[ 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, what I think you don't understand is that sperm ios only one very small part of semen, the fluid that comes out during ejaculation.

Most of semen is NOT sperm, but other fluids, and it's fine for gravity to do its thing and for those fluids to run out. The sperm still swim up.

It really sounds to me like you haven't yet talked to an OB/GYN about any of this, and I can't encourage you enough to do so. For both your health, a child's health, and for you two to know what the what is, do please get on that BEFORE pregnancy.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

I have been trying to talk to my doctor about it, he is an ob/gyn. He will not return my calls though. If his ejaculation does come out of my body though, his sperm can actually still swim up? Is that what you are saying? I am trying to get ahold of my doctor though because I am worried about what could be happening. Could a person at a place such as planned parenthood help me out with a question like this? If so than I will just take a trip there and figure it all out.
Heather
Member # 3

You'll need an OB/GYN if you become pregnant, one who is ONgoing, and Planned Parenthood can't do that. if your doctor now cannot either, then you need to find another OB/GYN.

But yes: again, sperm still go to where they need to go, even though semen follows the usual laws of gravity.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

Well I am going to look into getting a new ob/gyn than! My doctor is a great guy and a great doctor it just seems he has to many patients and not enough time. I appreciate all of your help. I am glad to hear that sperm will go where it needs to! Thank you once again!
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Take a look here. I tought you meant semen but it clearly seems you really meant sperm.

Net doctor

Sperm is a part of semen. Imagine semen as a liquid that has in it sperm which is able to swim and move all by itself. Sperm can move his way up alone, it does not all come out of your vagina. So don't be scared that when semen come out of your vagina all the sperm will also and you won't get pregnant.

[ 08-14-2006, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

The thing is is that I WANT to get pregnant. I want for the sperm to not come out. I don't care if the semen does but I want the sperm to stay in there!
Heather
Member # 3

PeckA, I think that's well understood (cool87, I also think you're confusing an issue here that's already been clarified, okay?).

ALL the sperm in semen are not required to create a pregnancy. basically, the "strongest" of them, the most viable, will be those that reach a fertile egg, when one is present. Then, a bunch of them will help one of the sperm to fertilize that egg.

Again, these are things a good OB/GYN will explain to you, but so long as your partner's sperm is healthy overall, and you are having intercourse during your most fertile times -- and there is no other issue/complication at hand -- fertilization will occur, gravity, and how semen follows gravity, notwithstanding.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Don't be worried about that. Sperm will go up for sure. They got lot of energy. They are nourrished by a liquid rich in a sugar called fructose that we can find in semen and that is made by the seminal vesicles.

They kinda use an image to explain it to us in biology class. See it as sperm being attracted to the egg. The vaginal secretions and their energy helps them get there. They might not all get really far because they'll eventually find obstacles and lose a bit of their energy but some might get far and if it's the right time get you pregnant. Usually it's one sperm only that will fertilize the egg although two sperm is possible. And most of the time, it is the one that was the slower and that had the less energy.It is possible because all the other sperm broke the membrane of the egg(that's why they lost their energy) making it possible for thie sperm to fertilize it.

[ 08-14-2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

What time is the most fertile time for a person? It is usually after your period correct?
Heather
Member # 3

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but again, this is something to talk to your OB/GYN about to learn how to do this best.

For obvious reasons, fertility/planned pregnancy issues are really not our focus here at Scarleteen, so I don't want to get too in depth with this.

But, when a given woman ovulates varies woman-to-woman. To find out when YOU are most likely to be fertile, you'll need to start charting your cervical mucus daily, and if you want to be even more accurate in your estimates, your basal temperatures daily as well.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

PeckA
Neophyte
Member # 30314

Alright thank you very much all of you!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.