Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » paranoid about being pregnant.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paranoid about being pregnant.
steph.
Neophyte
Member # 30141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know why, but i'm paranoid. i'm not asking you guys IF i'm pregnant, because i know you can't tell me.. i just want to know if you think i have any reason whatsoever to be worried.

i started alesse about three weeks ago and took it at the same time everyday without any vomitting/diarhea or negative complications. after a little more than two weeks, i had sex without a condom twice. he did not cum inside me. now for some reason i keep thinking i could be pregnant... even though i know its kind of silly. what do you think? am i being stupid?

btw, my period should come next week, so i'll know for sure then.

Posts: 24 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's not silly if you had unprotected sex before one full cycle of BC, because then you did have risks.

Has it been more than ten days since your last risk?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Scarleteen recommends that you do not have unprotected sex until the completion of the first cycle of pills, Furthermore, withdrawal is not a form of contraception and provides little or no protection.

That being sais, having unprotected sex after two weeks on the pill will afford you some protection. If your period does not arrive om schedule, you can take a pregnancy test. You should also be aware that the pill provides no protection against STI's.

--------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steph.
Neophyte
Member # 30141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
Well, it's not silly if you had unprotected sex before one full cycle of BC, because then you did have risks.

Has it been more than ten days since your last risk?

my bc package (i just checked) said its only necessary to use another form of birth control for 7 days, and after that time its fully effective. because i started on the fifth day of my period. i thought the full month was only a precaution in case you had negative side effects that would lower the effectiveness of the bc, such as vomitting or diarrhea?

it also would've been around day 20 of my cycle (and they're quite regular) so even if the bc wasn't fully effective i probably wouldn't have been ovulating anyways. i'm not too worried anymore, i'll just wait until next week and take a pregnancy test if i don't get my period.

Posts: 24 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble is that not everyone metabolizes the pill that fast. So, that's not a given, per how soon it will work for everyone. But waiting for unprotected sex for a full month would have no bearing on what side effects of the pill a woman might experience.

So, by all means, if your withdrawal bleed is late (though it might be anyway, that's typical when just starting BCPs), take a test.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.