Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » still possible? emergency...please read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: still possible? emergency...please read
christy731
Neophyte
Member # 30193

Icon 5 posted      Profile for christy731     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had unprotected sex yesterday and I dont know if my boyfriend ejaculated in me because it was my first time. i got my period today, could I still be pregnant?
Posts: 2 | From: florida | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you have started your period, you are not pregnant.

If you're not sure whether or not your boyfriend ejaculated, you can ask him. He would know. Regardless, be aware that precum can also contain sperm, and therefore pose a risk.

Also, having unprotected sex puts you at risk for STIs as well as pregnancy. So if you and your partner are not up to date on STI checks, now would be a good time to start.

In future, it's best for your health (and peace of mind) to just use a condom. Feels better, too, as it reduces the friction some.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
It is highly unlikely that you got pregnant if your period came after you had unprotected sex. (Are you sure it's your period and not just some bleeding ? Because it's not the same thing.) Though it is not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

[ 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Airem
Activist
Member # 24638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Airem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While it is very true that you have a low risk of being pregnant, i feel i must tell you this:
Sperm can live for up to 7 days inside you, now correct me if i'm wrong but having a period doesn't change that and it is still a possibility. I would strongly suggest that if you don't want a surprise, in about two weeks get a pregnancy test or if you just want to be safe get some EC from a planned parenthood. I know thats a little extreme but i always think better safe than sorry you know? Good luck.

--------------------
As The Shadow Follows The Body, As We Think, So We Become.

Posts: 157 | From: Athens, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thesmall001
Neophyte
Member # 28305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thesmall001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should probaly point out that having sex the day before you period is (and correct me if i'm wrong on this)the most dangerous time to have sex, especially unprotected sex.

--------------------
One thing you have to understand about me is that there is nothing about me you can understand. See what I mean.

Posts: 22 | From: Kent, England - South East of London. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what ? Each time you have unprotected sex is a dangerous time. Because each time you have unprotected sex there's a risk for you to get pregnant.

As for a woman's MOST fertile time (not her only fertile time, especially in young women) it is about five days before and after ovulation. And ovulation occurs at different times in women but the great majority of women ovulate exactly 14 days before the onset of menses. But unless she's charting her basal body temperature and monitoring her cervical mucus, a women don't have the info to tell with real precision when she ovulates.

So, it is not accurate to say the day before her period is the most dangerous time to have sex.

[ 08-15-2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thesmall001
Neophyte
Member # 28305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thesmall001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
. . . yeah that's what i meant *shifty eyes* lol

--------------------
One thing you have to understand about me is that there is nothing about me you can understand. See what I mean.

Posts: 22 | From: Kent, England - South East of London. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sooin
Neophyte
Member # 30346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sooin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about mine...in my own counting i have to have my period on july 24 but we had an unprotected sex on july 22, the problem is i never had my period on the 24 i had it 29 but it lasted on 30...if im am not mistaken i have to have my period on august 25..u think im pregnant or what?

--------------------
my baby is a precious one......

Posts: 6 | From: los angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only way you can know if you're pregnant is by taking a pregnancy test. A test will be accurate as soon as 10-14 days after a pregnancy risk, so if you last had unprotected sex on the 22nd, a test should be accurate now.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you pregnant or no?

Because here you say you are ...

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sooin
Neophyte
Member # 30346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sooin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LilBlueSmurf:
Are you pregnant or no?

Because here you say you are ...

i was pregnant and i gave birth last april 14, thats why im afraid if im pregnant again, my baby just turned 4 months last monday
Posts: 6 | From: los angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.