Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » a little concearned

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little concearned
CheckUpOnIt
Neophyte
Member # 29724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckUpOnIt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok here's the deal me and my g/f are both 17 and she had just ended her cycle for last month in the last week of june. we had unprotected sex the 2nd and the 3rd of july for a total of about 10times I donn't know what came over us cause we've been having sex for months and always use protection. now I'm sure every single time I pulled out before I came I pulled out. now I kno the risk of pre cum is there but what I want to kno is how big is the risk of pregnancy from pre cum and isn't a girl not very fertile after she just got off of her period?
Posts: 5 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no "less fertile" time or "safe" time for a woman to not become pregnant if you are having unprotected sex. Irregular cycles are especially common in younger women, and because sperm can live for up to 5-7 days in the vagina, you have a fairly large window of risk.

Having unprotected sex multiple times, even if you never ejaculated completely, poses big pregnancy risks. If she does not wish to become pregnant, I highly recomend she get Emergency Contraception as soon as possible (it is effective up to five days after a risk, but the sooner the better, which means she'll want to get it as soon as she can).

You've also had STI risks, so unless you are both up to date on full STI screenings (these are part of a safer sex relationship for any sexually active couples) you'll want to schedule those in about a month, with a second screening in about six months.

And in the future, especially if you've been in the habit of praticing safer sex before, there's no reason for you to not keep doing it. So set some boundaries for yourselves and be sure you use protection every single time, no exceptions! [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheckUpOnIt
Neophyte
Member # 29724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckUpOnIt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok then what's being more fertile with tracking ovulation and all of that stuff and how high is the risk of pre cum getting someone pregnant?
Posts: 5 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a method to track fertility that involves a woman charting her basal body temperature and cervical mucuses every single day- it needs to be done for awhile to learn how to do it correctly and it usually works better for women whose cycles are more regular (and again, young women tend to have less regular cycles, in general). This method works well IN COMBINATION with the use of condoms or a barrier method- basically, a woman can chart her cycle and adbstain from sexual activity that presents pregnancy risks on the days before and closest to ovulation. Then, after ovulation condoms (or another method, or another method and condoms) are used for any other sexual activity.

Does that make sense? [Smile]

And also, pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, and considering millions of sperm are released every time a man ejaculates, a number of sperm could be present in a small amount of pre-ejaculate. It only takes one sperm to impregnate a woman.

Ontop of that, as well, you engaged in unprotected intercourse multiple times, ejaculating in between, which means you had more opportunities during which to cause a pregnancy.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.