Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » i didnt know where to put this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i didnt know where to put this
DitzyBlonde
Neophyte
Member # 28534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DitzyBlonde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so i was supposed to get my period on the 19th right, and everything felt like i was getting it like normal but i still havent gotten it.. i have been cramping up and everything too, but still no period.. i have been sick for the past few weeks so im wondering if its possible that me being sick could delay my period (i think it did that for a friend).. its also possible that im pregnant, but im just wondering about the sick thing..

sorry if i put this in the wrong section..

--------------------
*~We may fight, we may cry, but my love for you will never die~*

Posts: 20 | From: Missouri | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its also possible that im pregnant, but im just wondering about the sick thing..

If you've had a pregnancy risk, then you need to take a pregnancy test (which you can do right away since your period is late). If you're pregnant, you need to know a.s.a.p.

If you get a negative result, then you can speculate about other factors like stress or illness that might delay your period. It's certainly possible, but if you've had a risk then pregnancy is the first thing to rule out.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DitzyBlonde
Neophyte
Member # 28534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DitzyBlonde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would take a pregnancy test, but i dont want to spend the money on it if im going to get my period tomorrow or tonight or something.. i understand the need to get one asap, but this has happened one or two times before where i buy the test and take it then get my period... i would go to the teen pregnancy place in town where i can get a test for free, but they are closed by the time i get off work and i cant go in the morning...

--------------------
*~We may fight, we may cry, but my love for you will never die~*

Posts: 20 | From: Missouri | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pregnancy test at this point is well worth the money. You've had a risk, your period is late, you need to rule out pregnancy first. (And if you are pregnant, you need to know so you can make some very important decisions.)

A test is only about $10 - not that expensive, and well worth the information it will give you.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.