Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant?
floridababy
Neophyte
Member # 29417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridababy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have only had sex twice since my last period. Both times we used a condom (however, I'm not on the pill) and were very careful, and both times were after my estimated ovulation date, May 29th. I felt there was no way I could be pregnant. However, my period is now four days late, and it has been regular for about a year now (I'm seventeen). Is there a chance that I am pregnant, or is it more likely that the late period is due to something else (ie stress, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posts: 3 | From: florida | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condoms did not break, and no semen has come into contact with your vagina or vulva, then you have no pregnancy risk. However, it might be a good idea for you to take a pregnancy test for the sake of your peace of mind, to allow you to relax a bit.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridababy
Neophyte
Member # 29417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridababy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reassurance [Smile] and yeah, I definitely plan to take a pregnancy test. So you're pretty positive that I can't be? The late period seems pretty significant to me :/
Posts: 3 | From: florida | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty positive, yes. Of course if some semen cam into contact with your vagina that I don't know about, you may have had a risk, but if everything you have said here is accurate, then that risk does not exist at all. [Smile]

Your period can be late for many reasons, pregnancy is not the only one.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridababy
Neophyte
Member # 29417

I can't tell you how grateful I am for all your help! Seriously, you've made me feel so much better lol.
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Late periods don't always mean you're pregnant...right now, for example, I'm 4 days late myself, and I'll tell you, if I got pregnant now, it'd be all over the news; "child was inmaculately conceived".

I'd say that if you don't get your period in another week, then you should consult with your gynecologist. Are you eating, exercising or sleeping differently? Are you handling a lot of stress? Are you like me, and do your periods synchronize with someone who is getting menopause? [Razz] Any of this can lead to a change in when you get your period.

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.