Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help?
b0r3dme03
Neophyte
Member # 28715

Icon 4 posted      Profile for b0r3dme03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a few questions..

first, since you have to tell a parent 24 hours in advance to get an abortion in the state of florida, could you just go to another state where you DONT have to tell your parents about it and get one done? or does it have to be YOUR state?

second, how great is the risk of pregnancy if you had unprotected sex for less than like a 30 seconds? =\

thanks.

Posts: 22 | From: U.S | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryTheGypsy
Activist
Member # 28834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryTheGypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't say anything about the abortion topic but I will say this;

Regaurdless of how long it lasted, if he came and you were unprotected, the risk is the same.

If you had any penis-in-vagina contact, there is a chance that precum could get you pregnant.

If you did have unprotected sex, and you're afraid of pregnancy, I suggest an Emergency contraceptive as an option, if you did so within the last 74 hours.

I hope things work out.

--------------------
~Mary

“People out there must be told about the self-loathing that follows rape and how it's the greatest breakage in divine law to mutilate themselves, as I have done.” Tori Amos

Posts: 40 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, EC is found to be effective up to 120 hours after the risk, though as time goes one, the efficiency drops.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryTheGypsy
Activist
Member # 28834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryTheGypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I was always told 74, Darkchild. Thanks for that!

*plays 'The More You Know' music*

--------------------
~Mary

“People out there must be told about the self-loathing that follows rape and how it's the greatest breakage in divine law to mutilate themselves, as I have done.” Tori Amos

Posts: 40 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally, it was thought only to work up to 72 hours after the risk, so for a long time, that was the time amount specified. More recently, that time period has been widened to 120, though EC is still MOST effective when taken as soon as possible.

Per the original topic, it's not usually legal to travel to another state to get an abortion as a minor, so you would likely risk criminal activity at worst, and/or going all the way to Georgia or what have you, just to be told it was for naught.

Per your risk, did your partner ejaculate? If he did, you have a high risk of pregnancy. If he did not, and only pre-ejaculate was present, your risk is mild to moderate. In either case, how long the activity went on for makes no difference at all, which is why it's important to always use protection from start to finish.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.