Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Am I Being Paranoid?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I Being Paranoid?
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finished my last period on the 11th of Jan, and am due on again the 31st of Jan. Normally im due on time. But ever since me and my bf started sexual intercourse i have became increasingly worried that im going to be pregnant. We use condoms as protection as i cant swallow tablets to have the pill. I didnt worry as much last month that im pregnant, and i know that my period isnt due yet for another 2/3 days but i cant stop being paranoid. I have pains in my lower abdamon and my stomach they feel like pulled muscles, i also keep feelings tired/hungry and keeping having to go for a wee alot. Is this all normal stuff because im due on or is there a chance i could be pregnant? Or is this paranoia? As far as im aware when we have done foreplay etc no sperm has come into contact with my vagina and none was on his hands. I know that the condom didnt rip r tare. So is this paranoid? Seems stupid i know but i panic and worry alot so im making myself worse.
Posts: 91 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom did not break, you have a low risk of pregnancy. Here is a risk chart: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

Stress can certainly delay your period, and the pains could be from stress (or maybe pre-menstrual cramping?) Or you could have a bladder infection, etc. which might explain having to urinate a lot. (Or being nervous, or drinking a lot of water, etc.) Have you been tested for STIs recently? http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/testing.html

There are other back-up birth control methods other than birth control pills. Here is more information on that: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/birthcontrol.html

Pregnancy is always a risk when one is sexually active. However, excessive worrying may mean you aren't ready or wanting to deal with sexual intercourse right now. If it is really making you stress and increasingly worry, as it does appear, stepping back or taking a break could be the right move. What do you think about this?

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive read what youve wrote. I am a very nervous person i do tend to worry alot about things. Thankyou for the links you provided.
From what you have said, i think im going to talk to my partener about my worries and see what he thinks about things. It does seem for the best that right now i need to stop worrying and stressing out an talk through things.
Thankyou for your advice i really didnt know what to think and youve guided me to some information an help. Thankyou

Posts: 91 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right... Im late, i took a clear blue preg test yesterday an it came back negative, im doing another one friday. Does anyone know if this test could be accurate the one i took yesterday? (31st)
Or im just late an have to wait.

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are accurate 10-14 days after the last risk or the first day of a missed period.

(It should be accurate.)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 02-01-2006).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Thanks, i guess ill just have to wait for nature to take its course
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Does anyone think its wise to visit a doctor.. as im still not on yet.. or shall i wait out the weekend and see what happens from there, as i have done two pergnancy tests and they have both came back negative.
I did have some penicillin earlier this month for tonsilitus, but im not sure if that can effect me?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In all honesty, a 20-day cycle is incredibly short. Are your cycles normally that short? because I would not even say that at this point your period is late.

I would not see a doctor as yet, as I don't see any reason to do so. Even if your period is late, while the penicillin isn't likely to effect that, an illness as hard on the body as tonsilitis could have, as can your stress.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im normally between 20-21 days have been for some time..
Ill take your advice an wait a bit more longer, maybe im irregular this month due to my illness i had. Sorry to keep going on about this, im worried an cant talk to my motehr about it as she is strict about her religion but ive spoken to my aunt an she just worries me. Thanks again

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.