Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Is my doctor wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is my doctor wrong?
Baby_Mama06
Neophyte
Member # 26950

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Baby_Mama06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to my OBY doc today, and she said I was due on May 21,2006, which does not add up,.Is she a week early or late or what??
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they base your due date on when your last period was. what date did you give your doc for last menstrual period?

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby_Mama06
Neophyte
Member # 26950

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Baby_Mama06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
August 10th,2005 was the first day and ended on the 14th
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, May 21 is about 9 months after August 14. Makes sense to me. Do you have any reason to believe you'd be due some other time?

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby_Mama06
Neophyte
Member # 26950

Well my husband and I had sex on the 15th which was the day after my period ended would that makes sense?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Conception isn't instant: due-dates are calculated based on when conception completed, not by the date of sex which may have begun the *process* of conception.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby_Mama06
Neophyte
Member # 26950

okay so how many days does the conception process normally take?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a week to ten days.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby_Mama06
Neophyte
Member # 26950

One more question, will my OBY doc know when I concepted, I never think to ask her and I'm already five months.
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
S/he should have an approximate date that you conceived, yes.

You can make a list of questions you have to ask the doctor ... Stick it on the fridge or something, so your husband can add to it too. Take the list to the doctors w/ you and voila! No more forgotten questions

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.